Friendly and Non-Friendly

FP went to meet Fred at Pop's on his lunch break, but Hermione was there instead. "Hey neighbour!" He greeted loudly teasing her. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Hello, FP." She responded.

"Wanna get a table? I was supposed to meet Fred but I think he's busy."

"Sure." She responds and they have a seat together at a booth.

They start to share funny stories from when they were in high school and start laughing until their throats hurt. The two were occupied trying not to laugh too loud, they didn't notice that Alice had come in for a milkshake, and she saw them. Alice ducks behind a booth when they get up to leave. She sees him kiss her cheek, and her stomach churns. Alice waited a few moments before getting up and leaving herself, her face bright red. Could he really be cheating on her? She decides to go home and eventually she would confront him. She starts making dinner as the kids work on homework in the living room a couple yards away. FP gets home a few minutes later, going upstairs to change before coming back down and greeting the kids. He then goes up behind Alice wrapping his arms around her waist. He kisses her neck and she inhales sharply.

"Hey, baby." She doesn't answer him. "I missed you." He tries again, his arms tightened slightly when he sensed something was off.

"Sure you did." She responds quietly.

"What do you mean?" He asks, eyebrows furrowed. She scoffs.

"Don't lie to me. You know what I mean."

"Al-" He tries but before he can say anything further than that, she cuts him off.

"No." She shakes her head as she gets out of his grasp and makes her way upstairs, away from him. The kids look at FP, confused.

"I'm going to go check on her." He says, heading upstairs, leaving the awkward situation. He sees the door closed, so he knocks. "Alice can I come in?" He asks trying the handle. No response. "I'm coming in." He says, opening the door. He sees her on the bed, cheeks red. "What's wrong?" He asks sitting next to her.

"Are you cheating on me with Hermione?" She asks, not even trying to beat around the bush, she just wants to know. FP stares at her in confusion.

"Honey, where did you get that from?"

"Today at Pop's, you were with Hermione. You looked really happy. Then you kissed her." Alice looks at him, wet face, glazed eyes.

"Baby, we were sharing stories from when we were younger, And that was a friendly kiss on the cheek... Let me show you the differences between a friendly kiss and a non-friendly kiss." He grabs her hand placing a kiss on the back of it. "That can be either." He kisses her neck. "Non-friendly." He places a short kiss on her cheek. "Friendly." Alice laughs at how ridiculous this is, but she loves it.

"I get it, Jones."

"I'm not done." He kisses her lips softly his arms wrapping around her waist. "Non-friendly. I. Love. You." He says between soft kisses on her lips.

"I love you too." She smiles. "And I'm sorry I thought you cheated on me."

"I wouldn't dream of it."