"Rock bottom"

(I wrote this whole thing minutes before publishing. Sorry I haven't updated in literally forever and I'm sorry for how short and crappy it is. Oh and it takes place in like season 4 time.)

FP's POV:
I got home from work, a bit earlier than usual, the kids were sitting at the table doing homework and Alice was in the kitchen cooking dinner. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed my front against her back, planting sweet kisses on her neck. She didn't say anything. I nuzzled my face in her neck, she mumbled a hi.

"Did you have a good day?" I ask, she just shrugs. I frown and place a kiss on her cheek.

"Did something happen?" I ask further, she shakes her head. My guy brain is confused now. Something obviously happened because she sounds and looks upset. Then dinner roles around. She barely touches her food and says nothing while the kids talk about school. I glance over at her but she isn't looking at anyone. Red flag after red flag. I pick up the dishes and put them in the dishwasher when everyone's done. She mumbles a thanks and I rub her arm before walking away. By the time I'm done she's already upstairs in our bedroom. I close the door quietly behind me and stare at her, not creepily, just concerned. She shrugs at me.

"I'm okay." She lies, I sigh, sitting next to her.
"Babe-" she cuts me off.
"I said I'm okay."
"I know you're lyi-" I try again.
"I said I'm fine."

"Stop telling me you're okay! You obviously aren't!" I say, losing patience a bit. I look into her deep blue eyes. They don't sparkle like they do when she's truly happy.

"What's wrong Ali? Did someone say something to you?" I ask. She bites her lip.

"The new boss is just a jerk to me that's all."
"No. Not okay. What does he say to you?"
"He makes fun of how I take my time and he says I'm stupid and don't deserve to be there." She says, tears filling her eyes. I pull her against me and press a kiss to her head.

"That's not okay. You worked so hard. You don't believe him do you?" I ask, she nods slowly. I frown again.

"Don't listen to him. You worked your way from rock bottom. You got from living in poverty in the South Side and making a living by selling drugs for a gang, to living middle class in the North Side. We have beautiful children and good paying jobs. You worked your way to the top, babe. Don't listen to some jerk who doesn't even know you. You're a perfectionist so yes you take your time. If you were dumb you wouldn't have your job right now and you'd probably still be selling drugs on the South Side. But no. You're here. We both are. And I'm here for you so if someone is treating you badly. Especially for weeks. Even though you didn't tell me. I will tell you the truth and my serpent side wants to punch him. But I don't want to get you fired. Otherwise. He'd piss his pants just thinking about saying something bad about you." A tear slips from her eye and she nods. I hug her tightly stroking her blonde hair.

"You came from rock bottom to the top, babe. I'm very proud of you." I feel her smile against my chest and that causes one to spread across my face.

"I love you."
"I love you too. And thank you."
"Anytime."