"Penelope"

"FP we're going to be late!" Alice yells trying to get her heel on.
"I'm coming!" He yells back running down the stairs fixing his tie. He sighs angrily not being able to get it on.

"Baby, I need help." He whines, she fixes his tie smoothing out his shirt.
"There you go, handsome." She says placing a soft kiss on his lips.
"Now come on we have to go." She says grabbing his hand, pulling him to the door.
"Be good for your brother." She yells to the kids before closing the door behind her.

She stumbles into the car fumbling with the key before dropping it. She swears reaching for it, as FP grabs it handing it to her before buckling her seatbelt because she forgot.
"Relax, babe." He says buckling his own seatbelt.
"We're going to be late." She sighs backing out.
"It's okay." He says looking at his reflection in his phone.

"Ali, I don't think this is my shade." He says wiping her lipstick off his lips with his thumb.
"Forsythe, I don't have time to hear about you complaining about me kissing you, I have to drive like a mad woman."

"That's not what I'm saying, love, and why do you care about us being on time anyways?"
"Because Penelope will bug me about it, and then get into how much of a mess I am." She explains.
"Penelopes an idiot. You're not a mess, Alice, don't let her get under your skin." He says.

"I try but she just does."
"If you ever need to leave tonight tell me." He says as they approach the Lodge household. She sighs getting out seeing that Penelope and all the other parents are already here.

FP moves over to her side holding out his hand for her to take. She grabs his hand intertwining their fingers together. They walk inside being greeted by Hermione then right away being insulted by Penelope.
"Late I see was it those dreadful kids you have to take care of. Betty and Jughead was it? Or do you have more?"

Alice feels FP squeeze her hand and move an inch closer to her.
"Actually we have Polly, who's in rehabilitation, Betty, Jughead, Jellybean, and Charles." She responds.
"Wow." Penelope says before walking away. Alice sighs in relief once she's a safe distance away, she wraps an arm around FP's resting her head on his shoulder.

"Want a drink?" He asks, she looks up at him her eyebrows furrowed.
"Baby, it's okay I know how much you love your wine." He says she shakes her head.
"I'm okay," She says "I have you."

"Whatever you say, love." He says as the walk towards Hermione.
"Why did you invite Penelope?" Alice asks honestly confused.
"I don't know I just took a list and made invitations...plus she'd be really mad if I didn't invite her." She says Alice sighs.

"Is she being a pain already?" She asks leaning forward the slightest. Alice nods her eyes widening.
"I want to slap that smirk of satisfaction off her face." She says through her teeth, her jaw set.
"Al," FP says.
"What I'm not going to do it," she says acting all innocent, "unless she tries me first." She adds on quietly Hermione letting out a chuckle.

"Ali, don't do something you'll regret." He says.
"I'm not going to." She says walking back over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She leans in to place a soft, short, passionate kiss on his lips.
"I'm standing right here. Please limit the PDA." Hermione says shielding her face.
"Oh shove it, Hermione."

They start walking over by the refreshments when Penelope comes over. Alice rolls her eyes.
"What do you want?" She asks moving closer to FP so she feels safer.
"Nothing, just wanted to remind you that you and Sheriff greaser gang leader over here aren't going to last."
"Shut your face you half melted ten cent-" She gets cut off by FP whispering in her ear.
"Don't let her get to you, baby." He says, moving his hand lower on her back near her waist.