"Dangerous" (part 2/2)

She rode over the pit of vicious dogs, head held high, eyebrows furrowed in determination, shoulders relaxed. FP drug a hand through his hair as he ran over to the other end of the pit, his heart had stopped and time had slowed. The fear raked through his body and his adrenaline pumped as he witnessed one if the dogs graze her ankle with his razor sharp teeth. And then. She was across. Smiling so fakely it made his heart hurt as he sighed in slight relief. Then he felt angry. His blood boiled at her recklessness and he firmly grasped her wrist. She looked at him in shock and pain as he pulled her away from the cheering morons he has to call his classmates. She flinched as his grip was tight and his pull forceful.

"What is wrong with you?!" He yelled, she flinched again.

"A lot I guess." She responded quietly.
"No! Actually take something seriously for once!" He said, his heart aching and his whole body shaking slightly.

"It's not like anyone cares and I don't care either so I do what I want." She says, only looking at him once she's done speaking. He stares blankly.

"That's not true. I care. I really like you Alice." He admits, she bites her lip and inhales sharply.
"Yeah I know you're actually friends with me and stuff but like-" he cuts her off with his soft lips on her rough chapped plump ones, his hand cautiously caresses her flushed cheek as he doesn't move his lips from hers. He pulls back, not wanting to push it. And for the first time. She smiles. A genuine happy smile.

"We're not friends?" She asks, FP smirks and shakes his head.

"Nah." He says, Alice blushes and her large wall that had built up over the year suddenly has a crack in it. The boy in front of her cracked her wall. He smiles softly and reaches out to wipe a smudge of dirt off her chin from her wild ride.

"You're not a playboy are you? You believe in one guy one girl?" She asks, he laughs softly.

"I may look like a jerk but I promise you I'm just some big puppy that looks like he's ready to beat you up." She laughs and shivers from the cold breeze flowing through the trees. He shrugs off his jacket and hands it to her, not moving too fast but not letting her remain cold. She blushes and puts it on, zipping it up and nodding her thanks. She had butterflies in her stomach and not smiling like a schoolgirl takes everything out of her. She sneaks a smile at him and he runs his hand through his hair.
"Sorry about that grip by the way..."

"It's all good." She responds, he nods still feeling a bit guilty about it but not as much considering he now has the girl he wants.