Chapter Nine

Toshirō didn't talk much. Every once in a while you caught his eyes wandering over you, but it only lasted seconds at a time.

Your hands were trembling slightly because you were anxious.
This was alone time with the Captain. Maybe he would finally talk to you!

Toshirō and you flash stepped  to an ice themed lodge.

"This tavern is completely run by people who's powers deal with ice... similar to mine." He explained. His eyes had a look of awe that you found yourself swooning over.

"It's beautiful!" You exclaimed, looked up at the giant pillars of ice.  It was like the presidents house back in the world of the living, but completely made of ice. The ground within a two mile radius was snowy.

"Table for two please."

"Of course captain." The hostess blushed and scrambled to get menus. Toshirō followed her, and you followed after.
Everyone bowed or waved to Captain Hitsugaya. The amount of respect and admiration in the crowds eyes pleased you. Although you didn't get along always, you got the impression he was a very respected young man.
After sitting down, the waitress came over.

"Hi, I'm Tzukima and I will be serving you today!" After her eyes  moved over to Toshirō, she blushed and flipped her hair.

"How can I help you Captain?" She asked, batting her eyelids and looking at him like it was the greatest thing she'd ever seen.

"I'll have my usual. And a bottle of sake."

"Right up sir!" She began to twirl around, and you felt awkward. She wasn't even going to ask you anything?

"I think you're forgetting something..!" Toshirō stood up for you.

"Oh." Tzukima rolled her eyes and glared at you.

"I'll have whatever he's having.." you whispered gently. You felt ashamed and embarrassed.

After getting your food and sake, Toshirō explained his favorite dish to you.

"It's both refreshing yet savory. Perfect fuel for somebody who's cold." He said as he gulped down a cup of sake. "Do you want some sake?"

"No thanks. I'll stick to water for now." You said, blushing at the dish.

After tasting it, it was indeed delicious.

"Wow Captain. This is really good!" You smiled.
He seemed pleased that you liked it. You saw a gleam of satisfaction glaze his eyes, and then something else you couldn't quite identify.

Your thought process was interrupted by you shivering. You weren't exactly dressed for the cold. You also weren't an ice- aura person, like Toshirō himself.

"Perhaps I should have thought this through more... and had you bring an extra layer. Here, take my cloak and scarf." He seemed defeated while saying this.

Your eyes were practically bugging out of your head as he handed you his garments. You slid them on and instantly felt relief from the cold.

"Thanks Captain." Red flushed the Captains cheeks, but he quickly resumed his eating.
His cloak smelt of mint and nature. The smell was captivating. You had grown to adore the smell over the past two weeks in the soul society. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Tzukima approaching.

"Everything good sir?" She giggles and batted her eyelids at him.
You could feel your blood boiling slightly. You didn't own Toshirō whatsoever, but it angered you that she could so freely flirt with him.

"Great, thanks Tzukima."

Her eyes scanned the table and landed on you. After seeing you in his clothes, she coughed up a fit and turned beet red. If eyes could burn holes into people, she would have killed you a hundred times right then and there.

You felt a great satisfaction. It was childish to get so jealous and possessive, but it felt great. Thankfully Toshirō couldn't read minds, or else he'd be super annoyed right now by the both of you.

"Separate checks or will you be paying for your girlfriend too?" The host asked kindly.

You spit out your water at the word "girlfriend". Toshirō was fuming and bright red.

"She's not my girlfriend, and this should foot the bill." He left a large clump of money on the table and marched off. You chased after him.

"Goodnight y/n." Toshirō muttered as you approached barracks.

"Here's your cloak-" you began to state before realizing he had vanished.