Chapter Twenty

As you approached your office, you mentally ran over what you should say.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Renji shouted this as he passed you. "Life of the party , huh??"

You were embarrassed because you seemed to have made a reputation.

As you approached the office , you began to smell your favorite minty manly smell. However, upon reaching his door, there was a sign.

STAY AWAY!

You felt your heart flutter a little in pain. You ran to your office and cried a little. Did you mess things up with Tōshirō??

After collecting yourself, you found Rangiku on your divisions stomping grounds.

"You guys have fireworks, I really think so. There is definitely chemistry. Just give him time."

The mention of fireworks reminded you of home. They were beautiful and one of your favorite things.

"Y/n?? Are you listening?" Rangiku broke you out of your thought process.

"Want to go see fireworks in the world of the living? They're fun!  The Fourth of July is
Around the corner too... it would take my mind off things." You urged her with your best puppy dog eyes.

"I've only seen them once. Let's go!"

You and Rangiku left a notes for captain saying you'd be leaving for a couple of days.

Captain,

I will be going back home to show Rangiku some things that are important to me. I need a break, I am sorry.

There will be fireworks on the Fourth of July. I think it would be really cool if you came to see them with me. I don't know if you ever have before, but they're really beautiful.

I'm sorry for everything. It was a mistake.

-(Y/N).

You slid the letter under his door and left. Rangiku was already dressed in clothes from the world
Of the living. She looked great!

On the way out, you told Yumichika, Ikkaku, and Renji amongst others to stop by for the show.