Chapter Thirty One

Rangiku kicked the boys out and helped you get ready.

"You must look your best to appear confident and at ease. Shunsui wants to see you suffer.." she went on and on while pushing you into the bathroom.

A little while  later you were dolled up and on your way to the meeting. Noon was around the corner and you wanted to be the first one there.

You held your head high and had no intention of letting anyone see through you. Rangiku's words rang through your mind...

"You cannot crack... look straight ahead, hold your head high, and smile."

**************************************

Upon arrival, you were there before everybody. Even Tōshirō himself wasn't there yet.

You waited around 10 minutes before you heard a cough.

"Nice to see you, (Y/N)... you look stunning as usual." Shunsui's sinister voice sent chills down your spine.

"I'm feeling greater than ever. Thanks. Let's get this meeting started! Where is everybody?!" Perhaps you were a little over the top. Shunsui looked surprised.

Everyone began to file in, and stand in line. The last to come was the head captain.

"SILENCE!" He yelled, slamming his cane down.

Silence erupted around the training grounds.

"We shall now see the criminal, and sentence him to his punishment!!"

Tōshirō finally made an appearance. He looked drained, sad, and indifferent. The bags under his eyes were enormous and dark. As he was walked to the front, he still didn't make eye contact with you. You could feel your heart rate accelerating, but did your best to remain calm.

"Captain Tōshirō HITSUGAYA was accused of having amorous relations with his own third seat! We have TWO witnesses! May they now come forth.." you could feel the eyes burning into the back of your head.

Shunsui walked up, giddy as hell. The other witness surprised you... it was the jealous waitress.

Her and Shunsui both explained their proof, the waitress focusing on how he brought you dinner, gave you his clothes, and took you on dates.

As the evidence kept rolling in, you could feel your heart dropping.

"I HEAR BY ANNOUNCE THAT HITSUGAYA SHALL BE EXECUTED AT THE SOKYOKU TOMORROW! HIS SINS ARE INEXCUSABLE FOR A CAPTAIN AND SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN. THE EVIDENCE HAS MADE IT OBVIOUS THAT HE IS INDEED, GUILTY OF CHARGES. THE THIRD SEAT SHALL REMAIN UNPUNISHED DUE TO HER LACK OF TIME IN THE SOUL SOCIETY!"

All eyes burnt holes into my head, and Tōshirō continued to look at the ground. I could not tell how he felt, he was like a blank page.

Was I really losing him?