Chapter Thirty Three

The entire night you stayed up late, getting on and off sick. You were struggling to contain your emotions, and overall a mess. Hopefully a hot one.

When you managed to fall asleep, you only saw Tōshirō and nobody else.

"I lost my spirit. Sorry to let you down..."

Otherwise, Tōshirō said nothing but stared at the ground blankly in your dreams. You screamed at him, cried, and begged him, yet in every dream he left.

************************************
The next day you got up early and got ready. You ate breakfast , showered,  and got dressed up in your most exotic kimono. You pinned your hair up and prepared for the worst.

After three cups of coffee, you felt ready. You were no longer puking.

You got up and headed to the execution grounds. Upon arrival, nobody was there. You got down and meditated, awaiting the arrival of the soul society. You weren't sure who'd show up.

After an hour or so of reflection, the smell of Jasmine hit your nose and you heard feet shuffling.

"Y/N!!" Rangiku squealed. Before you could protest, she wrapped you in a tight hug. "I got enough people to sign a petition... so they're bringing the town psychic in. She's gonna determine yours and his innocence! It's a fool proof plan... I think."

"Too bad it won't work... by the way, looking beautiful as always, Y/N!" You immediately felt repulsed. Before you could stop it, the puke came up again.  Shunsui looked amused and Rangiku looked worried.

"Are you OKAY???!!!" She yelled, scrambling over to hold your hair.

"I'm fine." You snapped, standing up straight and zeroing in on Shunsui. He just stood and grinned at you.

"It's beautiful weather today... huh??? A beautiful day indeed."

Your blood was boiling but you practiced spiritual pressure masking techniques that you had been taught.

The crowd slowly grew,  and you continued to stand in silence. You stayed right by the Sōkyoku so that you would be the closest to your love.

Before you knew it, the crowd behind you was so thick that you could no longer see the forest.

Rangiku held your hand as she whispered in your ear.
"I've never seen so many turn up at an execution before. This is crazy."

You puked again as Rangiku watched in horror.

The crowd fell silent and you felt butterflies in your tummy.  A large gap grew in the crowd.

Tōshirō Hitsugaya was being dragged forward, him looking completely broken both physically and spiritually. The sight broke your heart.

Behind him was an old feeble lady and the head captain.