Chapter Seventeen

Shunsui stiffened up and got angry.

"Take her. You'll have to help her though, she can barely handle herself."

You stood up defiantly.
"I'm fine!" You said as you picked up the nearest drink and chugged what was left of it. Shunsui laughed as Tōshirō face palmed.

Rangiku looked over a Tōshirō with amazement. You remembered her words about him never attending parties.
You turned towards the door to take a step as you tripped and fell. Cold hands caught you and lifted you up, bridal style. You couldn't help but giggle.

"What's so funny?" Tōshirō was obviously annoyed.
"You're very strong for a little  guy."
He didn't answer but instead rolled his eyes.  As you entered outside, it was chilly outside. Your revealing kimono wasn't keeping you the warmest. Drunken, you snuggled your face into his chest.

"You smell really good..."  you giggled again as you buried yourself into his chest.

Tōshirō blushed a little as he continued to walk.

"How much did you drink?" He questioned.

"A lot. I can Han-handle my drinks so Yumichika, Ikkaku, and Rangiku encour- told  me to go to the challenge t-table." You slurred your words yet tried your best. "I beat the Captain!" You beamed.

"Yes, and then you fell into his lap!?"  Tōshirō growled this last statement.

"No. He-he-he  buying me more drinks, and told me he-he was gonna bringgggg me somewhere safffffeee once I was tooooooo drunk."

Tōshirō grimaced at this last statement. He kicked open your door as you arrived in your house. You could smell the roses.

"I did not like it." You whispered this. "It wasn't who I wanted to kiss."

Tōshirō looked at you for a second before fixing on his bouquet on your counter.
He laid you down on the couch and went to retrieve a blanket.
When he came back, you sat up.

"Th-thanks Captain. You're the best person everrrr....!" You squealed this last part, having no shame. As he neared you, you couldn't stop yourself from throwing your arms around his shoulders. You proceeded to squeeze as tight as you could.
At first Tōshirō seemed hesitant.

"What are you doing?" He questioned, visibly uncomfortable.

"I'm thanking you. You saved me.!"

"I didn't save you." He murmured, clenching his fists at the memory of it.

"All I wanted all night was to see you and then you appeared right when I needed you." This came out of your mouth so fast you couldn't stop it. Afterwards, you covered your mouth, embarrassed.

Tōshirō looked on at you with awe in his eyes.  A glimmer of admiration and a glimmer of lust seemed to linger, but it was soon all wiped out by a flushed face full of embarrassment.

After releasing your hug, you pushed him back on the couch and climbed onto his lap. You positioned yourself to straddle him.