Chapter Thirteen

You and Tōshirō slowly came down to the ground. Once you touched land, Tōshirō pulled you in for a tight hug. He held you close and rubbed your back while you cried.

Silence filled the air and the only thing that dared interrupt it was your muffled cries.

"This is my fault." Tōshirō murmured.
You looked up, confused.
"If I had been here..."

"That doesn't change the fact that I failed her. It's all my fault Captain, and only my fault." You started to cry harder as you said this.

Tōshirō pulled you in closer and whispered in your ear.

"I won't ever leave you alone again... I promise."

*****************************************

Captain gave you off for a few days. He felt bad and could see the toll that fight took on you.

One day, while you went out to buy some more fruit, you ran into Rangiku.

"Hey..!" She was not screaming for once.

"Oh, hi."

"So... I've been wondering... what was your secret the other day?"

At first you couldn't remember what she was talking about. 

"Oh! Yeah... I think I really like a captain..."

Rangiku's eyes popped out of her head.

"Who? They're so much eye candy here!!!" She was squealing with joy, when suddenly her eyes darkened over.

"It's OUR Captain, isn't it? We all saw the way he held you while you cried the other day... I've never seen him show that much intimacy to anybody before." Rangiku stopped you from walking and held your hands while she looked at you.

You blushed in embarrassment as she knew who it was immediately.

"Oh, (Y/N)! I'm so excited! Let's make it a thing!!" By no she was screeching.

"Ssssh Rangiku! The whole world will know if you don't pipe it down a notch!"

Rangiku signaled zipping her mouth shut and you went and got your fruit.  Knowing Rangiku supported you made you both super happy and yet kind of anxious she would tell.

After picking up some watermelon and some kiwis, you headed to your home again. Upon arrival, you found a bouquet of sunflowers mixed with roses on the door step.

Attached was a note:

(Y/N),

I really hope you're feeling better. I picked these for you in the world of the living. I was hoping they'd remind you of home. There's even some roses!

I hope to see you in my office tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Tōshirō Hitsugaya

His thoughtful gesture made you smile like a doofus.
You filled a glass with water and set them on the table in the kitchen.

Afterwards, you fell to sleep with the biggest smile
On your face.