Chapter Fourteen

The next few weeks were easy. You did paperwork, and you were excelling in combat. You and Rosa had established a strong relationship.

One day, after going out to defeat hollows, that red headed guy caught up with you.

"Hey! Rookie!" He yelled while running up to you.

"Hey Renji."

"I never knew you were such a bad ass. The slaying of those Menos was easy for you!"

You giggled even though remembering that day still hurt.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up." It seems your  your face showed it all. "Anyway, there's a party at the tavern this weekend for my birthday. Rangiku and I were wondering if you'd come with us?"

Although partying wasn't really your thing, you happily agreed since you wanted to make friends and have fun.

*****************************************

Rangiku helped you get dressed. You wore your prettiest and most scandalous kimono you had. She did your hair and makeup. Once you were done, you felt beautiful. This whole routine of getting ready definitely wouldn't last long, but it was still
fun.

"Is Captain coming?" You inquired.

"He never comes to these. Or he pops in for a few then leaves."

You felt a pang of disappointment but let it go. Tonight, you were going to have fun.

"First sake drink!!" Rangiku yelled as she poured your glass.

You gulped it down easily as Rangiku looked on enviously.

"Oh so you can chug! Tonight will be fun!" She squealed as she grabbed your hand and dragged you along.