#WTMH Roll 35: The Sunflower and the Zombie

Facebook Page to read #WTMH for free (even with no data): •ᴥ• Happy Virus •ᴥ•

and in Facebook Group: MARPLE DAME Stories.

A/N: ⚈ ̫ ⚈ OY! Magbasa at Mag-vote. ⭐

Enjoy!

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

PLEASE TUNE IN FOR A VERY SPECIAL CHAPTER AFTER THIS FINALE.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Napahinto si Miguel sa ina-assemble niyang robot habang nakasalampak sa naka-floormat na sahig ng sala at nilingon ang ina niya dahil sa sinabi nito. "What do you mean if I wanted to see my family?"

Lumuhod si Elaine sa tabi ng anak at ginulo ang buhok nito. "Well... as you can see, your mama had a big family." Pagbibigay diin niya sa salitang pamilya.

Namilog ang mata ni Miguel na halatang nagulat sa sinabi niya.

Elaine smiles apologetically. All these years, she's been keeping a lot of secrets from her son for the purpose of keeping him safe and of those secrets is her lineage --- of her being one of the Millers, the family empire than can literally change how the international business works because of the influence and the brains behind those multi-billion companies.

She and Margaret had some heart-to-heart talk after discovering they were the girls who met at the airport and were abducted. The princess also told her everything that had happened to Elaine's family that weren't seen on the evening television news.

The men who abducted them were Marga's foster fathers.

The culprit behind the abduction, who also planned to kill Queen Mary and Elaine's grandfather, Arthur, happened to be one of Marga's foster father, Rene. Rene gave up his life to save Margaret and her baby.

And...

Her grandmother.

Dinama ni Elaine ang malambot na pisngi ng anak.

Her grandmother, Cordelia May Crawford-Miller is dead.

Natauhan si Elaine nang nagsalita ang anak. Nakatutok sa kaniya ang kulay-kape nitong mga mata. "D-Do I have a brother?"

Napangiti siya sabay umiling. "None. But..." Umupo na siya sa floormat. "You have a lot of uncles and aunties. And cousins too." Just thinking about seeing her cousins and her nieces and nephews make Elaine wanted to cry with longingness and joy. It's been so long... so long.

Miguel's eyes widen with amazement. "Really, Ma? M-May mga pinsan ako?!"

Elaine nods and get teary-eyed with her son's ecstatic reaction. "Yes. T-Though they are younger than you, it means that... you can be their kuya. Their big brother."

Mabilis na tumango si Miguel at nilingon ang Inang Titang nila na nakangiti ring nakasandal sa hamba ng pintuan sa kusina. "You heard that. 'la?"

"Oo, apo." Tango ni Titang. "Gusto mo na sila makita?"

"Opo! Opo!" Tumayo si Miguel at niyuko ang ina. "Will I get to see Uncle Isaiah?"

Pinisil ni Elaine ang mukha nito. "And Uncle Isaac too."

"I'll be my little cousins' protector, Ma. Ako ang magiging kuya nila. Hindi ko sila paiiyakan." Tinaas pa nito ang isang kamay na para bang nangangako.