Part 9

Yoongi's POV: 

That damned rookie! 

I hate her so much! She is just so ruthless. 

But, I think that is the thing that stood out to me. It was the quality that made her fit for this department. And another thing was that she stood out from the rest of them as well. She was unique...

"Yoongi!" 

I turn around and find an old woman running into the room- OK, she wasn't running, more like hobbling into my office. 

"Eomma?" 

She hobbles straight up to me and holds my face in her old hands.

"Who did this to your pretty little face?" huh huh...Pretty....little........face.... 

"Oh, you should be used to this by now!" 

"How can I get used to seeing my little snow child with a battered face hmm?" 

On hearing this from my mother, the other officers sitting in the office started sniggering. This was so embarrassing... 

"Eomma...please..." 

"OK, nevermind that, I brought some Kimchi for my little kitten!" Ugh...she seemed so happy but she was really really embarrassing me right now. 

"EOMMA! I'm not a little kid!" 

"But you are still my little kid! Now, eat your Kimchi!" She opens a container and that wonderful smell of kimchi wafts up my nose and I suddenly feel hungry. That was the magic of my mother's cooking. "Here, eat this" 

Jungkook runs into the room with another chair "Ahjumma, please sit down," 

"Hmm? Ahjumma? You can call me Eomma dear- I'm not that old!" 

He smiles sweetly and makes eye contact with me- on purpose! All I do is just roll my eyes and let the woman sit down right next to my desk while I eat her Kimchi. She looks at my face with a worried expression but then a smirk appears on her face. 

"Mwo?" 

"Now tell me hun, which one of these pretty ladies did your bandages?" 

OH MY LORD! 

I choke on my kimchi, "EOMMA!" She starts laughing. This was not funny at all. And that fact that one of the female officers came up and approached my mother was worse. 

"Aha, Eomma, our Chief is a master at first aid- there was no need for us to do anything for him- other than serving him his coffee!" She says. 

But what my mother did next was hilarious. 

"Aha, Ahjumma, I didn't ask you to intervene with our conversation. He's eating his Kimchi right now and doesn't require coffee so you can go now," She fake smiles and the officer bows and walks off to her own business. 

MY MOTHER IS A SAVAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jungkook started clapping silently from his work desk. Mother stood up and took a short bow and then sat back down. 

"That lad you have back there is a sweet kid" 

I laugh fakely. "Eomma, this is a police station- none of us are sweet, we're all sour..." 

"Hmm...You are the most sour one out of them...I can see that..." 

I lock my gaze to my desk and sigh. 

"Eomma, why did you come here?" 

She smiles. "To give you kimchi," 

"Eomma, be honest with me, you don't usually come here at my workplace"