2 I'm Fucked

Monday

LAST TIME, I GLANCE MYSELF in the mirror to check my appearance. The formal look suits me very well. My dark brown hair wrapped in a high ponytail, a white dress shirt and khaki skirt and my cream handbag that carries all the necessary documents to present for the first day.

Today is my first day of the work, though it's just a training period, I'm nervous. Well, beyond nervous. The Crystal Company is a big firm, it publish it's own magazines 'The Crystal' and is one of the leading magazine brand in the USA. Many celebrities die to have their face displayed in the cover of it. Since my second year, it was my dream to work for it, and now my dream is coming true.

With another glance to check my makeup, I walk out of my room. The final time has come to say goodbye to this beautiful place, where I created lots of memories. I lived here for two years and now I'm moving out to New York's one of the most famous tower. It was quite difficult for me to get my hands on it, but thanks to my father for granting me the deposit of the flat.

As I reach the door, I turn back and take a last look at the place. With a content smile, I step out of my house.

I put the keys of car in ignition before pulling my phone out of the bag. Firstly, I notice that I'm a bit early. It's good to be early for work on the first day. And then, I notice a message from dad and Rachael.

Dad: All the best my dear. Today's your first day at work. I hope it'll be great. Wishes from me and your mom.

Ree: Heyy babe. Best of luck. I'm sorry I won't be there to hear your first day kills. Ha! I'll be flying. I wish it'll be great! Bye take care. I love you.

Replying thank you to dad and a happy journey note to Rachael, I connect my phone to the car to hear something, to keep me distracted from my nervousness.

Driving through the New York City is always interesting. Different kinds of people walking and driving, chatting, everything is refreshing. I have lived in New York since I was born, and love the place. The city is fueled with technology and modernization. Crime rates are low compared to other states or country. People doesn't fear to talk and interact with strangers. Mixed culture is on hype. Education system is excellent. In short, New York is an example of how a modern and developed country should be.

My car stops at the red light just few inches of pedestrian. People cross the road in bulk in front of me. Eventually, my eyes caught the screen on the building that showed the advertisement of Crystal Company's new magazine launch. They're looking for face on the cover and are asking the public for votes on their favourite celebrity.

That's why it is one of the most famous magazine company. They ask for public interest on their launches and that's why the public prefer to buy their magazines. I wonder who the Senior Editor is. He is filled with brain and is indeed creative.

On the green light, I step on the gas pedal to drive my way to the destination. "Crystal Company, here I come."

I park my car in the parking lot before grabbing my handbag and walking towards the big building. As I stand in front of it, I lift my chin up to see the top of the building. It really is big. There is a big glass work of the name 'Crystal' with fountains around it before the main door.

Clutching my bag tightly with one hand and an appointment letter in one hand, I step inside the building. The interior is white, just white. I let my eyes wander the room to grasp in the expensive setting. Finally I found the reception where a blonde women sits, eying the computer. I walk through the commotion towards the lady.

"Ahm," I clear my throat gaining the attention of the women, "excuse me?"

"Yes," She gives me a warm professional smile, "how can I help you?"