61 The Golden Feather

Four years back, I was in the senior year of high school. I was small and naïve; I didn’t know how the world works. Everything just stopped right in front of me because of one wrong decision I made. I fell in love with a man who was almost fifteen years older to me.

His name was Ryan Scott, a good looking white man with sharp features and blue intimidating eyes swept my heart immediately. He was working as an assistant to my father and both were good friends, which meant his visit to our house was frequent. Maybe I was an adult, but my decision making was zero. I fell for him, and I believed he did too, but in reality, he just played with my heart. He was just having some fun with a high school student, and I was too blind to notice it. He was married, but he would spend his times with me, but at the end of the day, he would go back to his wife. Of course who would date a high school student over a loving beautiful and mature wife?

When I graduated from high school, he broke all of his ties with me too. He sent me a hurtful message telling me how stupid I was and how a slut I was who was ready to fly away with a married man. I was broken, a lot, too much, that I didn’t sleep for two days, and neither ate.

This was among one of those reasons why I never brought a date home before. Of course I dated guys after him, even before him, but I never had the courage to make them introduce to my family. I took this one brave move of letting Jungkook meet my father, who was probably acquaintance from before, but it was a big thing for me.

The pain and the heartache are intense now. I don’t even feel my bones. My life seems ruined. The only person whom I trusted with all my heart, body and mind made a great fool of me. I feel like a stupid now. Damn, why the tears don’t stop?

I cannot even feel if I am lifting my arms to take a sip from the glass of cabernet. I always prefer red wine when I am sad, I don’t know why, it’s in the habit. I am feeling so numb, that I cannot even detect the taste of this damn cabernet. I hate expensive shits, it reminds me of him. Jungkook is the one who prefers expensive beverages and this Screaming Eagle Cabernet is one among his collections along with Cheval Blanc and Macallan. And unfortunately, one of the bottles of this expensive shit was inside the minibar that my dad created for himself. I cry again looking at the label of the glass bottle. Why he has to be everywhere?

I am in the same position since I remember last, maybe four days back; inside the closet of my room with no lights and air supply even though it is too freezing for me to sit on the floor. Every night, I would sleep on the floor of the closet in chilling cold and in the morning I will find myself on the bed tucked properly. Then Emma the maid, the one who was my nanny since I was born, would escort me to the bathroom to help me with daily routines, but then again, I would lock myself inside the closet again, cutting myself out of the natural light’s power supply.

I am hurting since four days and I am basically like a dead corpse now. I try very hard to not to sleep, because whenever I close my eyes, Jungkook’s face would plop in my head making me crumble into a ball again. I think I haven’t slept properly but I do every night since I find myself in bed. Locking the door of closet is useless since dad has installed his voice-metric lock in every corner of this giant house, but it gives me a feeling of relief that no one else other than my father could enter the room.

I don’t realise that someone’s entering until I feel a hand on my head. I get startle and jump dropping the glass on floor making all the red coloured liquid flow down like blood. “Relax princess, it’s me.” Dad’s voice whispers as he finds me in panic.

“Dad?” how pathetic I sound, so weak and so miserable.

“Yeah princess, I am here.” He envelopes me into his warm embrace and I come face to face with his hard chest. Inhaling his strong perfume, I sob loudly hearing my own muffled sob in my ears. “Shhh… its okay.” He strokes my hair.

“I loved him dad.” I cry out fisting his fluffy sweater. “Why did he do this to me?” He remains silent, unable to answer my questions, so I continue to ask him the things that I keep on thinking for four miserable days. “Was I not enough for him? Am I not beautiful enough for him? Can’t I be someone’s love?”

“No, dear don’t say it like that.” He pulls away and holds my face with both of his hand as his spectacles covered blue eyes stares into mine. “You are the most beautiful person I’ve ever known.”

“Then why he do this to me?” I cry out again. His thumbs wipe away my spilling tears.

“People have reasons honey.” And for the first time in my life, it strikes me that Dad knows about everything. Suddenly my tears stop and I look at him in confusion.

“What reasons?” his eye tells me that he knows more than what I know.

“Reasons which could either destroy them or their loved ones.” a small pause of silence fills in between us. His hands fall on both of my shoulders and he finally decides to speak further. “And now, it’s been long since you are acting miserable. I want you to come out of this fucking closet and dump something inside your stomach.” He stands up pulling me along with him. “Oh my goodness, in four days you have become so weak.” He comments as he helps me out of the closet. It was my habit since childhood, if I’d be upset, I will lock myself inside the closet.

“Ahh~” I wince as I feel brightness drilling holes in each and every part of my body. “Why is it so bright?” I complain hearing a chuckle coming from my old man.

“It’s called sunlight which you really need now, I fear if you turned into a white woman staying out of the sunlight for so long.” He jokes which definitely didn’t lighten my mood.

“I don’t need to photosynthesise.” I try to reply back his joke in a less audible voice and zero intensity.

“I know, but still you need it.” He pulls me towards the door of my room and was about to take me out, but my eyes land on something making me stop dead on my tracks. By the foot of the bed, something golden catch my eyes. I leave Dad’s hand and walk limply towards the foot of the bed. I go down on my knees and take the fluffy and shiny golden feather in my hand. My head snaps towards the open giant glass door leading to the open balcony from where the cold winds of winter enter the room, just like the mansion in the woods.

“He was here.” I whisper to myself and look at the golden feather in my hand.

“Y/n?” Dad calls my name and I instantly shove the feather inside the pocket of my pj pants and stand up with lots of effort right on my foot. “Well, you have a company for lunch.” He says heightening my senses.

Another depressing chapter yet a short one!!! 😔

I know you people hate me for these kinds of updates, but i cant help it... I am terribly sorry people I hope you won't be too much mad at me!! 👉👈