51 Recovery

“Ouch,” I wince as I feel the burning sensation on my bare shoulder.

“There,” Hobi says soothingly while doing something on the new wound I got on my shoulder, “you got a glass piece over here.” He informs while treating my wound. I am sensitive to every little pain and as a result I am shedding my oceans right now.

“Did you see the face?” Namjoon interrogates Jungkook as soon as he enters the room furiously with Jin trailing behind him. He doesn’t looks pleased nor do Jin. Jungkook sighs deeply and shakes his head while touching the cut he has on his temple that Jimin treated a while ago.

“No, it happened fast enough to piss me off.” Jungkook’s eyes land upon me as we sit across each other by the dining table of Jimin’s house. He has a straight face making me wonder what is going inside his brain. I wince again as Hobi continues to give attention to my wound and this time I smell rusty smell intensifying, probably blood is oozing out pretty much.

“That’s not a problem now since Yoongi hyung is retrieving the CCTV footage of the bar.” Namjoon informs receiving a hum from the youngest and turns to face me. Immediately the stern look on his face softens and sighs deeply before running his hand through his hair. “Are you all right?"

“Yeah.” I reply in a small voice making the male nod his head and walk somewhere inside the house. His intuition was correct though about me facing danger tonight. I really feel bad for putting them all in chaos, if only I wouldn’t have been to the bar and stayed home with Jungkook, none of the thing would’ve happened.

I scan the sky and feel content to stand beneath dark moonless night sky. I don’t know why this always gives me joy, so much of joy that I feel myself at the brink of shedding tears of happiness. I fasten the coat even tighter and breathe out a puff of white air. The temperature is really going down and I love it. Most of the people would think that I am insane or something, but I consider myself different for thinking different. The newly treated wound itches due to cold and according to Hobi this will worsen when the cuts will dry out. Oh, god what a trouble I am in!

My life would change so drastically I never thought. But I am happy for few things that came along with this change. I wonder who wanted to shoot me. I know there are few people who are willing to kill me, but is it that important? Jungkook said already that the longer we have to wait, the greater danger I’ll be facing and I think this is just a start. I’m willing to do everything they’ll be asking me to do in order to save them, protect them because that’s what they’re doing to me. In spite of taking my help, they all are protecting me with their might. I know it is not because of a simple ‘tit-for-tat’ thing, but they’re doing this willingly with all their heart and might. Maybe they are bad people of the world, but I really don’t care.

I look up at the sky and realise there are not much of stars above. Where they might have gone? Well this also means that I could count stars successfully. Jungkook, Jin and Namjoon went out to accompany Yoongi and Taehyung. They said they will find more evidence overnight to see what’s going on and I believe the police department will also be involved since the incident took place in public area, which also means that my father will be well aware of it. I don’t want to make Dad worry about anything, but I can’t help it either.

“You think a lot at once.” I jump up hearing Jimin’s voice coming from behind. I place my hand over my chest to feel the hard hammering below.

“Hey, you scared me.” I turn around with a frown making him crack a smile. His hands are tucked inside the pocket of his khaki pants. He shakes his head to ruffle his hairs to let them fall messily over his forehead.

“Yeah, when you’ll be out of your mind you will stop getting scared.” His comment makes me roll my eyes gaining a chuckle from his. Jimin comes beside me to stand by the balcony railing.