84 The Return

“Subway huh?” he asks after dehydrating himself with water. I laugh at David’s cocky tone. I am glad he has stopped crying, and now after dehydrating, I can hear his voice having clear British accent.

“Just feel the fun of typical college baby of New York.” I comment dramatically and lift the bottle of bear covered in paper bag to drink it. It takes me a while to find the metro card from my bag. It has actually been months since I last stepped in a subway so it must be buried deep down in my bag. “Hah!” I exclaim after finding it and we both slip off the entrance.

“You’re studying?” David asks curiously as we wait for the subway to arrive. I am shifting my weight on my foots while reminding myself that I have to empty the beer bottle.

“Nope, graduated around ten months back.” wow, has it really been ten months? I never had the count on days since everything started. David nods his head gulping his beer down too. He looks well distracted from his crazy boyfriend-ditched-story.

“What’s your heartbreak?” he asks suddenly and I find myself frowning.

“Not heartbreak actually, it is…” I struggle to find a proper word for my situation, “hiatus.” I finally conclude. “I have no clue where my boyfriend is, but only know that he loves me and I gotta wait for him.” I mumble and feel the sight blurring. The alcohol must be messing us with my feelings.

“Wait, is he hot?” He asks and I whip my head at his direction with narrowed eyes. I see he is having a sarcastic edge in his tone, so I step closer to him and stand on my tiptoe to whisper in his ear.

“Very fucking hot…” it comes out like a hiss, “so hot that, that you would definitely kill yourself for him.” He laughs at my words and our conversation get halted by the subway arriving. “So for how long you’re here for?” I quire while taking a seat, the seats are lot more emptier than any other time; I guess the world is on my side tonight.

“I’ll be off in days but I am having an interview with a magazine company in few days, but I am giving a second thought about it.” He is again starting to slur.

“Oh, which company if I may ask?” I think it is starting to strike me now.

“Crystal Company.” He informs and I shift in my seat.

“You gotta be kidding me!” Even he looks surprised with my sudden loud question. “You’re the one who is the leader of world education campaign led by UNICEF, David Alfreda?” He smiles proudly and sends me a nod.

“Yeah, I am the one. How do you know? Usually laymen don’t give attention to global campaign leaders.” He says but still keeps drinking his beer, reminding me I have to drink mine too.

“You can count on me when I am the Executive Editor for the company.” His eyes widen almost immediately hearing my words. His boyfriend is such a dick to ditch this nice angel who helps poor kids to study. I again feel unwelcome with the thought of word angel.

“You work at the Crystal Company?” I send him a nod. “Wow, I talked to your senior I guess last month. He was asking me for arranging the interview meeting this month and photo shoot a week later. Jungkook Jeon I guess, Asian man?” He asks and almost immediately I sink in my seat like a drug dealing girl sipping sorrowfully from the beer bottle. I am not crying, I am not crying… Even the strangers are talking about him! “Hey are you okay?” David asks worriedly.

“Yeah, I am.” I huff out. “I am just bewildered with the thought that every single thing reminds me of him.” I sniff and notice I am already crying.

“Wait, Mr Jeon you’re talking about?” he asks and I just continue to ramble wiping the non-stopping tears.

“I try very hard to not to think about him so that we both can get over this shit together, but is hard, so fucking hard.” I cry out silently and feel David’s hand on my knee.