2

"No. No. No." I said with no enthusiasm what so ever as I looked through wedding dresses after wedding dresses.

"Lottieee you need to pick a dress. " My best friend Alicia sighed at me. She didn't approve of the wedding at all, but I know she was only trying to be helpful.

"I know I know, but my hearts not really into it. How can I pick a wedding dress when I don't even wanna get married." I groaned and threw my face into my hands. I heard another sigh next to me and felt Alicia get up.

"Can we get refills on these please." I heard her say to someone.

Alicia knocked my arms over that were resting on my knees to get my attention. "Listen Charlotte. You don't want to get married. I don't want you to get married. Well I do, but not to that bastard. But since you have to get married why don't we just make the best out of this. Since we were 5 we have been planning this moment. So lets make that dream come true and just pretend that you are getting married to your dream guy." And as if on cue the worker at this wedding shop came in with two filled glasses of champagne.

"Looks like we're gonna need a lot more than one glass then." I gave in and chugged the whole glass, earning an approving smile from my best friend.

"Well lets get started!" Alicia squealed and pulled me up.

We went through racks and racks of dresses. Tried on shoes after shoes. Tested out each veil they had in the store. This was the best wedding dress store in Beverly Hills. If I wasn't going to find my dress here then I wasn't going to find it anywhere else.

Three hours and 4 champagne bottles later, I found the one. The moment I laid my eyes on it I knew I had to have it.

It was a beautiful white dress with a lace bodice in an almost off white color and bonus theres pockets! It was my dream dress. The way it flowed made me feel like a princess. It was simple, but I didn't feel like it was too plain just like how I like everything. Everyone thinks that because I come from a family with money I'm a spoiled materialistic brat. Truth is I'm not. I spend a lot of my times doing community service or trying to find way to give back to the community. I never was a flashy person.

"Its beautiful" Alicia gasped when I twirled around for her

"Hey why are you crying?" I went to go hug Alicia.

"You just look so beautiful in that dress that it hurts that you have to marry someone you don't even know." She sobbed.

Awh man I really love my best friend. She's been with me through thick and thin. She was there for me when my mom left, when my dad married that horrid woman, and when I went though the worst breakup of my life. She was there through it all. "It's ok Ali. It'll be okay. It's just something that I will have to live with it. I will be okay." I said trying to assure her, but honestly I was trying to assure myself. Would I really be okay? I mean at some point I would have to just get used to it right? Eventually I'll learn to suck it up.