23

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"Trust me Cassie. We do." Alex snarled at her.

"You seriously want full custody of this demon child?"

"You may not want it, but I do."

The way he said "I do" made my insides feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"You Alexander Grey actually wants to raise a child." She laughed in disbelief. "Pigs really are flying."

"Are you sure you don't want anything to do with the baby?" I almost immediately wanted to slap myself for saying that. I don't want her to be in the baby's life because what if she takes it away from us out of nowhere, but it just shocked me to hear that she didn't want it at all.

"Ugh no. I don't even want to go through with this pregnancy. I'm going to lose my body!"

"We're paying you a hundred grand for my baby. You need to take good care of yourself. We'll be hiring your OBGYN and nutritionist to make sure." Our lawyer slid over a contract to Cassie.

Funny how my marriage started with a contract and now my baby's life is gonna start with that too.

"I got it." Cassie rolled her eyes. "Just show me where to sign."

"Here. Here. And here." Jeff pointed at various sections.

"You know we could have been great friends. Such a shame." Cassie said to me before walking out of the room.

She wasn't wrong. We had a lot of fun together when she was still dating Alex. The thought of them dating still makes me cringe.

"So everything's good?" Alex leaned back in his chair.

"Yes. And the deal with Declan is already solved." Jeff nodded.

"Good. Thank you." They both shook hands and the lawyer left, leaving just us two.

"Declan?" I raised my brows at him.

"Taken care off." Alex shrugged on his jacket cooly.

"What do you mean taken care of?" I asked confused as he took my hand and walked me out of the conference room.

"It's on a need to know basis."

"It's on a need to know basis." I mocked.

"Don't be a child." He laughed.

"I'm literally entitled to know. It's literally my business."

"You literally need to stop."

I shot him a glare.

"You know what. I'll just go straight to him and ask myself then."

Alex shot me a cold glare. If I thought my glare earlier was scary, the one he sent me was 100 times worse.

"I just don't understand why you can't tell me. We should tell each other every-"

"I sent him to China." Alex cut me off.

I stared at him with a blank look on my face. "You what?" I tried to stifle a laugh.

"I paid him half a million and let him work in one of our headquarter in China."

I finally couldn't take it anymore and let out a loud laugh which earned stares from the people around us.

"What?" Alex laughed along with me.

"I thought you didn't want to tell me because you hired like a hit man to come and kill him or something."

"Yea that was my first choice, but my legal team didn't think it'd be a good idea." He said with a straight face which part of me actually thought he was serious.