18

An emergency meeting was called by our parents. So now all 6 of us were gathered around the large table at my father's office.

"We have a serious problem on our hands here." Trisha said.

"It's not that serious." I spoke up, earning myself a glare.

"Alex. You couldn't keep your dating life out of the spotlight?" His mom sighed.

"I didn't think it would blow up like this and plus I was always careful."

My dad was rubbing his chin, looking like he was in deep thoughts. Alex's dad didn't have much to say either.

"If word gets out that this is fake. We'll all be ruined." Mrs. Grey said and we all simultaneously nodded our heads in agreement.

"So here's the deal." Alex's dad sat up. "There will be no more dating whatsoever."

"But dad-" Alex was cut off by his dad.

"No buts and or ifs. You end whatever it is with that girl right now."

"As of right now, the board thinks this is just some typical empty rumour, but apperantly theres a source that is willing to sell his piece to the highest bidder." My dad said.

"Who?" Both Alex and me asked curiously.

"No idea. Don't worry we'll figure it out."

I knew for a fact it had to be Declan and Alex's face looked like he knew it was too.

"We are going to go on the defense and deal with this matter. You two don't have to worry about a thing." Trisha said. "All you 2 have to do is act like a married couple. So this means keeping up with your appearances. Go on dates, attend events together, and just be seen in public."

"Question." I held a finger up, getting their attention. "When exactly can this charade be over."

I refused to look at Alex after asking that, but I could feel his eyes drilling a hole into the side of my head.

"The contract is valid for 3 years." Mrs. Grey said, and I detected a hint of sadness in her voice. I know she only wants this thing to work out with Alex. To be honest it never could because this relationship isn't natural and not to mention we could never love each other like that.

"Fine 3 years. We'll keep our act together. No biggie. Are we done now?" Alex was clearly irritated.

"Done." My dad nodded.

We all gathered our stuff and walked out. To the employees working, it looked like a normal family meeting, discussing about the merger. Oh if only they knew the truth.

We all went our separate ways. Alex and me had came in separate cars. Just as I was about to reach my car, Trisha's talons wrapped around my wrist and dragged me away.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

"Behave." She whispered in my ear, but had a smile on her face? The hell?

That was when I noticed that there was a paparazzi standing on the sidewalk.

I gave Trisha a fake smile and went to hug her. It would just look like I was hugging her good bye. I walked over to Alex who opened the passenger door of his car for me and I got in. He walked over to the other side and got in as well.

"I'll call Joe to come pick up your car." He said to me.

"This whole thing is insane you know."

"Yea, but don't worry it's only 3 years."

Was that bitterness in his voice? It couldn't be because I know for a face he didn't want to be with me.