16

For the next few days all I've been doing was pouring my heart and soul into my work.

I was mostly sketching pieces. By now I had about 30 different random sketches. I would pick out my most favorite ones and go into more details with them later and just bank the other ones for later if I ever want to use them.

I've barely seen Alex since our last blowup. The only time that I do is when we pass by each other in the halls in the morning when we go to work. We don't even see each other the rest of the day because he comes home late all the time now. On purpose? I don't know. Maybe.

I got out of the pool and headed back inside.

As I was drying my hair, I heard giggling from around the corner.

Soon enough, I saw Cassandra and Alex walk around the bend.

"Hey!" She chirped happily. Too happy.

"Hey." I nodded at her. I crossed my arm and leaned back against the counter as she walked towards me.

"So you just went for a swim?" She asked me.

"No. I just decided to get wet in a bikini for no reason."

She looked taken back about it and kind of sad? She was about to say something when I spoke up. "It's a joke." I forced a laugh to lighten up the tension.

She gave a wry laugh as if she finally got the joke, but it just wasn't funny. Alex's face showed that he definitely didn't think it was funny.

"You look really good. Your body is amazing! You could be a model." She grabbed me and eyed me up and down.

I looked over to Alex who was doing the same. When his eyes caught mine, he looked away. I could see the tips of his ears redden. He looked back to me and his poker face was back.

"Thank you, but modeling isn't for me." I chuckled. And then it clicked. "Hey are you a model?" I asked.

Alex's head snapped so quick in my direction I was scared he was going to snap it off. His eyes narrows at me as if asking me what the hell are you doing?

"I am! Why do you ask?" She asked eagerly.

"Well, I'm a fashion designer and I-"

She cut me off, "I know! I'm such a big fan of your work!" She squealed.

Even better I thought to myself. "That's great! Well I'm working on a project right now. How would you feel to be one of the models?" I asked.

I could've sworn she jumped likes 10 feet high. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" She cheered and pulled me into a death defying hug.

"Okay yay!" I laughed. Maybe she really wasn't that bad plus she's a fan. "I'll have my people contact yours."

"Alright come on baby. We gotta go." Alex came up to pull Cassandra away.

"But baby whyyyy?" She whined. "We're having so much fun."

"Yea baby why?" I mocked while looking at Alex, but Cassandra didn't notice the tone.

Alex gave me a sharp look, but I only gave him a smirk in return. Time to have some fun.

"It's fine. Go ahead Cassandra. We'll catch up some other time."

She hung her head sadly as she walked out ahead of us.

I walked past Alex, making sure to give him a slight pinch on the ass.

His whole body tightened up and he look down at me, shooting me glares. I gulped at his stare, regretting what I did. Honestly, if I feared him this much, I wondered how much others feared him.