21

"Mrs.Grey?" One of my interns knocked on my door.

"Hey Chloe. What's up." I paused from my emails.

She held out a box wrapped in a large bow. "This just came for you. There's no info on who sent it."

My eyes lit up at the box. I was a sucker for gifts not because I was materialistic, but I like the thought behind the gift.

l pulled off the bow and open the box. A note sat on the very top.

See you tonight beautiful
-Alex

I unwrapped the tissue paper and inside laid a beautiful red satin dress. A pair of silver heels were also sitting in the box.

As if one cue, my phone rang. Alex's contact name flashed on my screen.

"You like it?" Alex said immediately once I picked up the phone.

"I love it." I giggled. Oh man did I really just giggle.

"I'll pick you up at 6."

"At 6?" I checked the clock to see it was already 5. I didn't have time to go home and get ready.

"I know you're worried you don't have time to get ready, but it's fine. You look gorgeous either way."

Could he get any more perfect? We just went from fighting last week to going on a spontaneous date. God really works in mysterious ways.

"Fine, but if I look all crusted and busted it's on you."

He let out a deep laugh that I found so attractive. "You won't look crusted and busted." He said in a teasing voice.

"See you at 6 babe." He hung up.

Babe... Wow that sounded so foreign coming from him, but I kinda liked it.

I locked my door and turn down the blinds to change in the outfit.

My makeup was literally melting off my face from wearing it the whole day. Thank goodness I brought a little makeup with me. I touched up some areas and although this wasn't my best work, it had to suffice.

As for my hair... I had no idea what to do with the mess. I decided on just throwing it up into a bun. I didn't even bother brushing it. I pulled out some pieces of hair to make it look like I had put some effort into it.

By the time I was finished it was almost 6. Alex should be here soon. He's not one to ever be late to anything. Me, I was the opposite.

As I was walking out of my office, I felt the nerves begin to kick in. The butterflies in my stomach were not helping at all.

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't really been on a date date in so long.

Alex's black Audi pulled up and he quickly got out. The moment my eyes locked with him, I felt more at ease.

He was wearing a grey suit with a black dress shirt underneath. He wasn't wearing a tie, so he left the top few buttons undone.

All I could say is he looks devilishly hot.

"Wow." Alex's jaw dropped when he saw me.

He grabbed my hand and twirled me around slowly.

"I did a great job." He joked.

"Yea you did a great job picking a wife with a killer body." I winked at him which sent him into fits of laughter.

"You're absolutely right."

It looked like he was about to go in for a kiss, but I subtly took a step back, hoping to avoid that for now although I really did want to kiss him back.