15

"Un" slam. "Bel" slam. "ieva" slam. "ble."

I sat there like a lot kid who caught with her hand in the cookie jar as I winced at Trisha slamming magazines after magazines in front of me.

Billionaire Gone Wild

Charlotte Grey Goes On A Bender

Charlotte Grey's Wild Night Out

Trouble in Paradise in the Grey Household?

Charlotte Grey Checks Into Mental Facility

So after I talked with Alicia, she decided that I wasn't going to be moping around anymore. She called up Ashley and some of our other girl friends and we all went out to the club. I don't remember much because I blacked out.

"Okay I know this looks bad..."

Trisha cut me off "Looks bad?? No. THIS LOOKS TERRIBLE."

I inched back from her in fear of my life.

"Hey, but mental facility article is wrong." I chucked nervously.

"You're a shame to this family." Trisha spat at me.

After listening to her yell at me for almost over an hour I was finally fed up.

"I don't understand what the big deal is! Before Alex and me got married he's had worst publicity than I did. Besides this is like my first offense."

"I don't care if this is your first or your 100th! You made this family look bad."

"You know what. I don't know why you're so concerned with me degrading our family name. It's not even yours." I spat back.

"You may hate me all you want, but don't forget this makes your father look bad too." She sneered at me before stomping out of my house.

I guess I hadn't really thought about how my actions could affect my father. But it shouldn't even be a problem because I'm a married woman now. Plus why should I be tied to any man. I should be able to do things and not have people say anything about any man in my life.

"Charlotte?" I tensed up at Alex's voice.

I hadn't seen him since Sunday when I left to Alicia's. It was Tuesday now. I was trying to avoid him because even the slight thought of him made my heart hurt.

"Hey." I said turning around to see him standing there in his suit.

"We need to talk."

"No we don't." I shook my head and tried to walk past him, but he pulled me back.

"Sit." He pointed to the chair. Damn it why does everyone do that to me. I didn't fight it and sat down. Before I could say anything he shoved a big envelope in my face. "Open it." Damn it again with the commanding.

I slowly opened it, unsure of what I was going to find. I slowly pulled out what was inside and I felt my insides churned when I flipped through the photos.

"What is this?" I asked, my eyes glazing over the photos.

"You tell me." He said with a disgusted voice.

"I-I" I was in so much shock I couldn't find the words to say.

My fingers ran over the photos of Declan and me when we were at Alicia's.

There was a photo of Declan holding the umbrella over me, him holding my hand, him cupping my face. I brushed my finger over Declan's face. For some odd reason he had the look he would always give me when we first fell in love. A look I haven't seen in forever.