4

It was the next day after the wedding and a feeling of uneasiness was settling in. I got some breakfast downstairs and decided to take this chance to explore the house. I walked around the first floor and then headed upstairs. I went into one room that seemed to be the study. Probably Alex's office. I then walked into another room, Alex's room it seemed. I walked in curious. It was everything you would expect a bachelor's room to be like. I walked out remembering to close the door behind me and went to go outside to explore some more.

There was a large rose garden. Roses were my mother's favorite flowers. I on the other hand hated them. They were so basic in my opinion. I was more of a Hydrangea person or Stargazer Lilies. I took note of the pool that I was going to use later on. I used to be a swimmer back in high school. I have a love for the water.

I was bored. We were supposed to be on our honeymoon at the moment which is why everything on my calendar was blocked off so I had nothing to do. Clearly Alex didn't pass along the memo that that was not going to happen when he waltzed off to another country. I didn't even want to go, but he should have had the decency to tell me.

"I brought a house warming gift." A shrilling voice rang through the house, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What the hell are you doing here" I said glaring down at my step mom who stood at the bottom of the stair case.

"Here to see my daughter and her new husband of course."

Why was she talking so nicely?

And then I got my answer. A man in a business suit stepped into the room and appeared right next to her. The hell? Who was he. I looked down at my outfit and of course I was in my pajamas. Great.

I hurried down the stairs and put my hand out to shake the guy's.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Charlotte."

"Tyler." The guy shook my hand. "Nice shorts." He gave me a wink. I blushed at my flamingo pajama sorts.

"So what's going on?" I looked at Trisha.

"This is Tyler Parker. He's a potential business partner with Grey- Mitchell."

"Are you here to see Alex then? He's not home right now."

"No actually he's here for you." Trisha grinned her wicked smile at me.

"Me? Oh I'm sorry I don't have anything to do with the business." I said to Tyler.

"I know. Alex called and said that you could entertain me while he was away."

"Enter- Entertain you?" I said in disbelief. Oh that asshole. He thinks just because her marriage was a business deal that meant he could sell me too for some stupid business partner. What is it with men thinking that they could do whatever the hell they want and just controlling women like that. First my dad. Now my deranged husband.

"It's nothing like that. We were supposed to have a meeting today, but he is out of town and so he told me that you could take over a little bit. We'll just go out to lunch. If that's okay with you?"

I was still infuriated that Alex would make me do his bidding, but Trisha's sharp look made me scared to object. It was just a lunch. That's it. He seems like a nice guy and plus I was bored out of my mind in this house. "Sure. Just give me a little bit of time to get ready." I turned around and hurriedly made my way into my room.

"Take your time!" Tyler called after me.