13

We were all now at the after party which was even more amazing than I ever thought it could be. The walls were lined with all my pieces in glass glasses to showcase for everyone to see.

"Your mother would have been so proud of you." My dad came up to give me a hug.

"Thanks dad."

Trisha didn't say anything. She just stood there drinking her wine.

There was an awkward silence, but then luckily Ashley and Alicia came to drag me to the dance floor.

We jumped up and down and just enjoyed the music and each other's company. We took turn twirling each other. We all busted into fits of laugher when Ashely tried to dip me, but dropped me by accident instead which made me land on my butt.

"Hello there." Alex said looking down at me.

"Hiya!" I giggled waving up at him.

"Come with me. There's someone I want you to meet." He walked me over to where there was a group of people standing.

"Lottie! Great show!" Tyler came to give me a hug.

Who the hell invited him.

"Play nice." Alex whispered sternly in my ears and pushed me closer to Tyler.

I turned around to give him a look before turning back to Tyler and giving him a forced smile.  "Thank you."

"He then pulled me over to someone who was standing right behind Tyler. His back was to us so I couldn't see who it was.

"Charlotte, he is the newest addition to the company and will be working along side with me." Alex explained before tapping the guy on the shoulder.

"Hi, I'm Charlotte. Thanks for com-" I held my hand out to the stranger and it was as if my world completely shattered again when the guy turned around.

"Long time no see Lottie." Declan smirked at me.

My blood ran cold and the  blood in my face drained.

I took a step back, but he only took a step forward. I kept walking back until my back hit Alex.

"You guys know each other?" Alex looked between the two of us.

I felt as if my neck was wrapped in barb wire. I tried to open my mouth to speak, but no sound came out.

"Miss me babe?" Declan spoke up again.

The tears that I was holding back before all spilt.

I turned to run away. I wanted to be anywhere, but here. I kept running and running until I found myself at an unfamiliar bar.

Debating whether to go in or to not go in, I decided on the latter.

5 minutes after calling Bruce, he arrived.

I got into the car and he gave me a look of concern.

"Honey, are you alright?" He asked me.

"No, but I will be." I sighed. "Can you take me home please?"

So, he drove me home. Waiting by the front door for me when I got home was Alicia and Ashely.

"Hey babe." Ashley quickly ran to give me a hug.

"Alex told us you ran out of the party all emotional... and he didn't know why." Alicia began. "But then he said you went crazy right after you saw a guy named Declan."

"Did you guys tell him?" I asked.

"No, we told him it wasn't our place to say." Alicia said. "He's waiting for you inside though. He's worried sick."