7

"Where are you going?" Marissa whined as she tried to hurry after Alex and me who were hand in hand walking to the car that was waiting for us.

Alex turned around and I looked up to see a pained expression on his face. "Marissa." He simply said with desperation in his voice. There were a bunch of people still standing around us, so we still had to keep the sham up.

I saw Marissa look at our interlock hands and shot a glare at me. I couldn't blame her, but she should know that it's not like this was my ideal situation either. She didn't have to be so cold.

Just to spite her I moved closer to Alex and sent a smirk her way and she narrowed her eyes at my action. I pulled him away and towards the car. We both got in without another word.

"Joe. Home." Alex sighed.

I noticed how defeated Alex just looked and my heart dropped to see him in that sight because I knew that feeling. The feeling that there is nothing you can do. The feeling that your hands are tied. People always say money bought happiness, but us two are living proof that that is not the case. I looked over at Marissa and saw her head hanging in sadness and I couldn't help, but feel guilty despite my feelings about her.

We arrived home and just before Alex could get up, I stopped him.

I gave him a small smile when a look of confusion and annoyance swept over his face. "Go." I said quietly to him.

We sat there in silence looking at each other for a while before I decided to get out and close the door behind me. I walked over to the driver's window and Joe rolled it down.

"Take him to her." I said and he nodded at me.

"Good night Mrs. Grey" Joe waved bye to me and drove away, leaving me all alone.

Mrs. Grey still felt foreign to me and I felt so uncomfortable hearing people called me that. I turned around to face the big mansion and a feeling of coldness ran through me as I made my way up the long driveway and into the dark and empty house.

Once again. I was alone with just my thoughts and feelings to accompany me.

The next morning I was surprised to see Alex sitting downstairs at the kitchen table.

"Morning." Alex said when he saw me walk in.

He was standing shirtless in only a pair of shorts while flipping an omelette.

"What's going on?" I asked confused. Marissa must be over, so he's cooking them breakfast.

Not wanting to disturb the two, I quickly turn around to go back to where I came from when I felt a hand wrap around my wrist.

"Sit." He nodded his head towards the table where it was set with freshly squeezed orang juice, fruits, and stacks of waffles.

"What's the occasion?" I asked still on guard.

"Just to thank you?" He said putting a plate of omelette in front of me.

"For what?" I took a bite of the omelette and couldn't stop the moan from escaping from my mouth. I caught Alex smirking at me. "What? I'm hungry." I defended myself.

"Thanks for letting me go see Marissa. You didn't have to" He sat leaned back against the kitchen counter.

"Yea no problem. I mean we're not really together. I can't stop you from seeing your girlfriend." I took a bite of the waffle. Mmm my favorite.

"Right." He said and walked away.

"Hey where you going? You're not going to eat?" I asked him