27

I just want to have a talk with whoever invented the alarm, the most painful torture device ever.

I hit the off button on my phone and closed my eyes to go back to sleep. Just 5 more minutes and then I'll get up.

Just as I was about to doze off, I woke myself up and forced myself out of bed. I knew if I went back to sleep, it wouldn't be for 5 more minutes, it would be for 5 more hours.

I had meetings all day today all across town. Some at my office, some at investors office, some at my lawyers office. It was a busy day today.

After I had showered and did my make up for the day. I changed into a pair of cute taupe pants with a matching blazer, and a white bodysuit underneath. I paired the outfit with some white heels.

I finished just in time for me to leave the house and beat the traffic.

Liz stopped me before I could leave the house.
"Aren't you going to grab breakfast?" Liz asked me.

"I can't today. I'm running late Liz."

"I don't care. You're going to get sick and it's not healthy. You've lost so much weight lately." She scolded.

"It's okay. I'm gonna grab some coffee along the way."

"No. That's not food. Stay here and I'll be right back."

She ran off into the direction of the kitchen while I waited impatiently for her to come back. I checked the time on my wrist watch, 7:45. My first meeting is at 8:30. I still have time.

Liz came running back with a granola bar, a banana, and a smoothie.

"Don't forget to finish everything." She instructed me.

"Thank you. I love you." I planted a kiss on her cheeks as I rushed out the door be into my car.

"Don't forget to bring back the tumblr!" She yelled after me.

"I won't!" I yelled back.

I got to my office with just 5 minutes to spare.

My assistant was up and ready the moment she saw me walk in.

"The folders are all laid out in the conference room, coffees are being made right now, Dylan and Francesca are already waiting for you."

"Thanks Janice."

I straightened out my hair, took a big gulp of water, and tried to catch my breath. I literally ran into the office earlier , hoping to not be late.

I walked into the conference room and shook hands with Dylan and Francesca.

"Long time no see Charlotte." Francesca spoke up.

Francesca is not someone I'd call my friend. It's like a keep your friends close, but your enemies closer kind of thing.

"I know. We have to catch up sometimes." I smiled.

"How have you been? I heard you got married into the Grey family." Dylan commented.

"I did yea. Everything's going great." I smiled at the thought of Alex.

"Really?" Dylan asked as if he was surprised.

In fact, both of the looks on their faces made me kind of confused.

"Yea... Is um something wrong?" I furrowed my brows.

"No um. We just saw an article saying your marriage was on the rocks, but you know how tabloids can be... they're all fabrications." Dylan chuckled.