3

I was a complete wreck.

My anxiety attack started to kick in.

I was seconds away from walking down the aisle and at the end of that aisle was a stranger who I was to marry. The moment I say "I Do" will be the moment I literally sell my soul to the devil.

We probably would never have kids. I would never experience true love. I would never truly be happy. My mom wasn't here. My dad is blinded by love with a step-mom hated me. All these thoughts were swirling in my head and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

My hands wrecked with nerves started shaking, tears began to stream down my face. I had to go. I couldn't be here. I felt suffocated. I dropped my bouquet and tried to make a run for the doors when I felt a hand pull me back. My dad and Trisha were standing there.

"Daddy." I sobbed and I could see pain written all over his face. I knew this was not what he wanted for me.

"Charlotte. I'm so sorry I ever agreed to this. Lets sto-" My dad was cut off by Trisha grabbing him with her claws.

"Richard. Remember this is for the best interest of the company and the family." and just like that my dad was back under her spell. Stupid witch.

"Lottie. I love you so so much. Soon you'll understand what love is too. I know you will." My dad wiped away my tears. Alicia appeared out of nowhere with extra makeup to fix my face.

The ceremony was put on hold and the guests were starting to get restless.

" Charlotte please stop crying and pull yourself together." Trisha sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. This bitch was really wearing white... at my wedding. Honestly who gives a fuck. It's not like it was real anyways. I noticed she was wearing these Prada shoes. Wow I guess the Devil really does wear Prada. That thought made me snicker.

"What's so funny?" Trisha eyes me suspiciously.

"Nothing." I gave her a seekingly sweet smile that just made her roll her eyes. I took a deep breath to try to compose myself. "Okay I'm ready." Alicia looked at me with worried eyes, but I gave her a reassuring smile to let her know that I was okay. She nodded and fixed up my makeup a little bit more and then the huge double doors opened up and the wedding song began to play.

I linked arms with my dad and together we walked down the road to hell or in this case the church aisle. My dad handed me over to Alex who I could've sworn looked concern, but the look quickly vanished. Weird.

He looked really good I'm not gonna lie. His Armani black suit was tailored perfectly to him. His hair gelled to perfection and his face was cleanly shaved showing off his sharp jawline. He had really long eyelashes that I felt was so unfair considering he probably doesn't even care about it.

I kind of zoned out until I heard "Does anyone object this marriage?" I looked around the room for the very first time. Everything was white, grey, and a light baby blue. Mrs. Grey had asked me what I wanted the theme to be so of course I chose blue and grey ironically my favorite color. The room looked beautiful. White and blue flowers were placed at every row. The room was bright and airy. It truly would be the perfect wedding if only I had my perfect man up here with me. I prayed that someone stood up and objected, but to my disappointment no one did.

"Alexander Grey, do you take this beloved woman to be your wife?"

"I do" No he doesn't.

"Charlotte Mitchell do you take this beloved man to be your husband?"

"I do" No I don't.

"You may now kiss the bride"

Alex grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in for a quick kiss. Hopefully it was convincing enough. We plastered fake smiles on our faces as we walked down the aisle smiling at all the guests along the way. The smiles immediately dropped when we got inside the limo and the doors were closed. Alex whipped out his phone and immediately started typing away on it ignoring me. Of course.

I leaned back in my seat and rested my head against the window and watched the scenery passed by as we drove by. About 20 minutes later we finally arrived at the venue. Alex got out first and didn't even bother to wait for me. I quickly got out and trailed behind him towards the venue. Guests had already started to arrive and soon pictures began.

After we had pictures, I barely saw Alex for the rest of the night. He was off entertaining other people while I was with other people. Alicia stayed by my side the whole night to make sure I was alright. There were times when I had to go outside for some air, but after a little bit I would be fine.

It wasn't until the first dance that I had seen Alex again.

We were so stiff while dancing. Our bodies stood far apart from each other as we swayed to the song. One of my favorite songs actually. It was Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Great a really good song would be ruined. Finally what felt like ages when in reality it was only 3 minutes ended and we let go of each other almost immediately.

The night finally ended and Alex surprised me by lifting me off my feet and carried me bridal style to the car as we waved bye to everyone. When we got into the limo he quickly dropped me. Ow my spine. Well that was a great show for everyone. Our parents were probably eating it up right now.

When we got home. I mean Alex's house. Well I guess both our house now. My whole life I've only lived in one house and now here I am in a stranger's house.

Alex walked upstairs leaving me alone downstairs. I looked around confused as where to go now. I felt awkward just standing here not knowing what to do. I rocked back and forth on my feet and played with my dress.

"Hello. You must be Charlotte" A small woman with pieces of grey hair falling around her face greeted me.

"Hello." I said sheeply.

"I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz. That Alex. How rude of him. I'll show you to your room." She started walking up the stairs and I followed behind her. "You look beautiful darling." Liz said back to me.

"Thank you. Did you attend the wedding?" I asked her. I felt bad for not remembering her, but there was almost 600 people at the wedding.

"I did. It was a great service." We stopped in front of a room and I walked in.

It had a king size bed in the middle of the room, a large bathroom, and a balcony that overlooked the backyard. Boxes of my stuff filled up a large portion of the room. I guess I would get to that tomorrow. I was exhausted. Just as I was about to change out of my dress I heard the door close downstairs.

"Who's here?" I asked Liz.

"That's just Alex. He's leaving."

"Leaving?" I asked her confused. "We just got home. Where's he going"

"He has a business trip. He'll be gone for a couple months aboard."

"Oh." I simply said. We just got married and off he went. I guess I'm not really surprised and it didn't really bother me I guess. It's not like we were gonna be in each others company much anyways.

I changed out of my wedding dress and hung it up in the closet. I changed into my pajamas and slid under the covers. Immediately sleep took over and I fell into a deep slumber.

Author's Note

Hey guys. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I know It really wasn't all that exciting.

If you guys have any suggestions about anything feel free to comment!