31

"Hi baby" I rocked my little angel back and forth in my arms.

Daisy looked up at me with her large chocolate eyes that she got from her father. She was even blessed with Alex's full head of hair. His genetics are pretty damn strong.

"Mommy loves you." I cooed.

"You still love me more right?" Alex strolled in and stood behind me and watched Daisy over my shoulder.

He won't admit it, but Daisy may be the best thing that's ever happened to him.

I catch him talking to her and even singing to her sometimes when he thinks they're alone. For a man who was so adamant on not having any children, he sure seems to be in love with them.

"Did you feed her yet?" Alex asked me.

"Yea. Just finished." I placed her in the crib. She had finally fallen asleep.

"I've missed you." Alex sighed and pulled me in for a hug.

"I know me too." I said. "With Daisy, she just needs attention 24/7 you know."

"I know I know. I just feel like we've barely seen each other even though we sleep in the same bed."

I felt bad honestly. I have been working from home to take care of Daisy. When Alex comes home, it gives me a break to get some rest and he stays up to watch over her. When we're both finally in bed, Alex and me are constantly taking turns to get up in the middle of the night to go take care of her. It's been so exhausting really.

"I still think we should get a nanny." Alex suggested once again.

And again, I shot him down. "Alex I told you. We don't need one. We're capable of doing this ourselves."

"No we're not. We're burnt out Charlotte. Look at you. You've got terrible bags under your eyes and you're barely able to keep up with your work."

"I said we can do this on our own." I said sternly.

"You've never had a baby before. How could you?"

"Liz helps me." I folded my arms angrily.

"Just get a nanny!" Alex threw his arms up in the air.

Daisy started crying from the loud fighting.

I shot Alex a glare. "Great. You woke her up after I spent an hour trying to get her to sleep.

"You take care of it." He stormed out of the nursery and slammed the door shut.

The loud sound made Daisy wail even louder.

Great. I guess my work will just have to wait some more. I went and picked Daisy up and started to rock her back and forth again.

After successfully putting her back to sleep, I went downstairs to look for Alex. I searched the whole house for him and finally found him outside by the pool.

I stalked over to where he was sitting and stood directly in front of him and crossed my arms.

"What" He said rudely up at me.

I squinted my eyes at him. "I want an apology."

"For what"

"For how you treated me back there." I held my ground. By now I have gotten used to his cold glares. They don't faze me anymore... well not as much.

We held each other's glare for a while. Neither one of us refusing to let down, but he and I both knew who was in the wrong here and it wasn't me.

"Fine." He huffed. He stood up and his height towered over mine drastically. He took a step forward and his intimidating figure made me take a step back. "I'm sorry. That was wrong of me. I shouldn't have raised my voice like that."

"Apology accepted." I smiled victoriously and started to walk off, but he pulled me back.

"I really am Lottie. If you don't want a nanny, I should have respected that. I've been thinking... I'm gonna take some days off and stay home to take care of Daisy, so you can get some rest."

I stood there processing his words. This is the first time ever he's admitted fault and try to fix the situation himself. He's never done that before. It's always fire on top of fire whenever we argue about something.

I didn't know what to say except "I love you"

"I love you too." He smiled.

We shared a small kiss that made the butterflies in my stomach flutter and it transported me back to the tome when Alex and me shared our first kiss. Not the fake kisses in the beginning of our relationship, but the very first time we decided this was going to be a real one.

"Hey lovebirds." A voice called out to us.

We both pulled away to see Alex's and my parents waving for us to come inside. I didn't even know they were coming.

"Hi Sarah. How are you?" I hugged her.

"Good sweetheart. Wow you're so thin now. Are you not eating?" She pulled away to inspect me from head to toe.

"I am. Don't worry." I assured her.

"You better take care of her Alex" Sarah scolded him.

"Don't worry mom. I am."

"Let me see my grand baby!" Dad said excitedly .

Honestly I was surprised how well he took the news of me adopting Alex's and Cassie's baby. I thought he would have been weird about it, but no. He just really loved the idea that he was going to have a grand child.

"She's so precious." Alex's dad gushed as we all stood around the crib.

I had instructed everyone to be as quiet as possible to not wake the baby up.

Trisha clearly wanted nothing to do with the baby because she just stood in the corner looking bored out of her mind.

"I'm going to spoil her so much." My dad smiled. I swear that smile hasn't left his face since he laid eyes on Daisy.

"Toys...candy... clothes... oh my god and MAKEUP!" Sarah listed off.

Alex cringed at the word makeup. "No makeup for her anytime soon. Not until she's at least 40."

"That's absurd!" Sarah frowned. "Why not?"

"Make up means there will be boys around and she most definitely will not be dating until she's at least 50." Alex said and honestly so could not tell if he was joking. I was leaning more towards the serious side.

God help this child if Alex spots her even in the same vicinity as a male.

"But you said no makeup until 40." His dad laughed.

"Right. Then 10 years after that she can get a boyfriend."

"He's joking." I assured everyone in the room.

"Am not." He huffed.

"He's going to be a great father." My dad chuckled.

I looked up at Alex with adoring eyes. "He already is."