25

"Alex! You're going too fast!" I screamed as the wind whipped my hair around my face. Most of the loose strands were getting caught on my lips because of my chapstick. I was fighting the urge not to move my arm from around Alex's waist to move the hair because I knew I would fall off if I did.

"Live a little!" Alex laughed back at me.

I rolled my eyes at him telling me to live a little. Up till last month he refused to leave his office, wore suits most of the time, and was a pompous ass. That clown.

I tightened my arms around him and laid my head against his back as we zipped through the ocean.

I looked to my left to see Alicia with Ella matching our speed. Craziness must seriously run in the Grey family.

To the right was Ashley and her husband trailing slightly behind. He was driving while she was standing up with one hand on his shoulder and another up in the sky.

I couldn't help myself from laughing.

"What's going on back there you giggly monkey." Alex looked back at me.

"Did you just call me a giggly monkey?" I poked his sides. "I'm not 4."

"You look it."

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"And you act it too."

I was about to respond back with an epic comeback, but someone yelling Alex's name cut  me off.

"STOP!" Ashley yelled.

We both whipped our heads to the front to see a large rock and we were about to collide into it.

Alex wasn't able to stop the jet ski in time because we were going too fast and so we crashed into it.

Alex's body was thrown forward and I felt myself collide into his back as we both hit the rock and landed onto the jet ski that was wrecked.

Our friends pulled us up and took us back to the shore.

Brandon grabbed Alex while Andrew, Ella's boyfriend picked me up and brought us over to the lifeguard.

"Ow." Alex hissed as the lifeguard tried to clean one of the cut that was oozing out a lot of blood from the side of his head.

"Yea that's gonna need stitches." The lifeguard tsked.

"Stitches?" I sat up quickly alarmed. All of a sudden a pounding headache appeared and I fell back down.

"Try and sit still. You may have a concussion." The lifeguard that was taking care of me said as he ran a flashlight through my eyes.

"I'm so sorry." Alex looked over at me.

"It's okay.I'm not hurt. See?" I flashed him a grin as I showed him my arms and legs.

Luckily I just had a few scrapes and most likely was going to bruise pretty bad tomorrow. I was lucky enough to get away with such minimal injuries because I collided into Alex instead of the rocks.

"You're an idiot." Ella crossed her arms.

"I know I know." Alex groaned.

"Ambulance is going to be here soon. While you wait just keep compressing the wound to stop the bleeding okay?" The lifeguard instructed.

"And keep that ice pack on your ankle." He pointed at me.

"Thank you." I thanked him.

"Why were you guys going so fast for!" Ella continued to scold Alex.