Ch.770

Officer Garcia: He's right mija

Katie:(sighs) Let's just get this over with

*They leave and go home*

*In Apartment 2J*

Kendall: Wow looks like you got some souvenirs from the science center and a few other things NOT from there. What's going on here? Why do you and Tyler have police outfits?? Did you go to the costume store?

Katie: Well no actually we got them from a friend

Kendall: What's their name? Have I met them before?

Katie: You've known him your whole life

Kendall:(confused) Huh?

Logan: Um Kendall I need to talk to you. Promise to not get mad

Kendall: Why?

Logan: Just do it please

Kendall:(sighs) Ok fine

*Logan tells him everything. Katie and Tyler cover their ears anticipating him to yell but the tall blonde just hugs them*

Katie: You're not mad?

Kendall: No I understand why you were too scared to say anything but keeping information like that to yourselfY for so long isn't good. I'm glad you finally told Logan. I don't think I would've been as lenient as he was

Tyler: Officer Garcia told us he's still working on trying to catch the guy who caused all this trouble for us

Kendall: That's great. So what did you learn at the science center today? What kind of souvenirs did you get?

Tyler: We learned so much and so much fun I can't really remember anything

Katie: I can't remember anything either

*Laughs* Logan: You guys are so funny. That's ok I took some pictures and videos on my phone remember?

Katie: Yeah you came over to one of the stations with us. It was electricity

Logan: Look Kendall here's a video *Shows it to all of them*

*The screen is facing Katie,Tyler and some other children standing in front of a table. An employee is talking to them explaining what the item on the table does* It's a medium sized sphere with electric waves inside*

Employee: I'm sure you've all seen this before. When you touch it the electric waves connect to your finger cuz of all that power inside the ball. The sparkly little ball in the center is called a high voltage electrode. All of this happening is from plasma. That's why it's called a plasma ball. Here's a fun fact: The Southwest Research Institute defines plasma as "a hot ionized gas containing roughly equal quantities of positively charged ions and negatively charged electrons." Plasma is considered a fourth state of matter that's different from solids, liquids, and gases.
The plasma ball was invented by Nikola Tesla when he was experimenting with high-frequency electric currents in a glass vacuum tube. That's why the electrode at the center of a plasma ball is also often known as a Tesla coil. The modern plasma balls popular as novelty and educational items today were first designed by Bill Parker. Isn't that just amazing? *The children nod their heads* Ok each of you will get a turn to touch it. Which means one at a time. Please form a line. *Each kid takes a turn touching and are fascinated by the results* Very good everyone *High fives them and the video ends*

Kendall: That was great Logan

Logan: I have more videos. Here's another. They're on this inflatable trampoline hooked up to harnesses and were bouncing around to experience zero gravity *Plays the video. Katie and Tyler are looking at the screen in a crouching position* Ok go. Jump as high as you can. Reach for the stars *They jump all over the place laughing* Good job guys

Katie: We're going to try a chest bump

Logan: That's probably not a good idea. Be careful. *Katie and Tyler go too fast and crash into each other* Are you guys ok? *The two friends just laugh uncontrollably and the video ends*

Kendall: That was very funny Logan. How many videos did you take?

Logan: I'm not sure but I have a lot of pictures

Kendall: I would love to see those