Chapter 5: Hunt (1)

Days passed, Xue Liang could only think about Liu Gang who saved her all those times. She was in deep thoughts as Su Rong only waited for her.

"Is something bothering Miss Liang?" Su Rong decided to break the silence.

"Not really. I just miss seeing someone. Don't you?" Xue Liang looked at Su Rong, seeing her blushing.

"N-No..." Su Rong replied but deep down she liked the boy, Peng Lim.

"No one gave you the permission to think or miss anyone!" Xue Hai and Xue Ya then appeared, they looked angrily at Xue Liang as they both had a bruise on their cheek which was recent. "You told father that we pushed you down! I got this bruise on me because of you!" Xue Hai smacked Xue Liang on the cheek. The side of her mouth had gotten a cut from the hit.

"Miss Liang!" Su Rong went to Xue Liang with worry.

"She didn't tell anyone! She was generous enough to not say anything!" Su Rong was then slapped by Xue Ya.

"Don't even think this is it! A maid and a low blood from a slave should just stay quiet and rot! If you tell father again then next time it will be worse!" Xue Hai walked off with her maids with Xue Ya joining her. They had then bumped into two handsome young man in front of them.

"Who are you!?" Both fell in love with their looks since both were young handsome fellows.

They ignored them though, giving them a cold stare. Liu Gang went over to Xue Liang, she then knew who it was.

"Gang..." Xue Liang said his name as he smiled gently to her. Taking out his handkerchief, wiping the blood on the side of her mouth. Peng Lim smiled at Su Rong but she blushed looking away.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Liu Gang spoke with a sad tone to his voice, making Xue Liang feel bad.

"I'm okay." Liu Gang carried her to surprise Xue Liang by his action. One hand under her legs and the other supporting her back. Xue Hai and Xue Ya were angry seeing how Xue Liang was being treated well by the handsome fellow who ignored them.

"Let's get you treated as well." Peng Lim said carrying Su Rong along. Liu Gang then stopped looking down and met face to face with Xue Hai and Xue Ya.

"If you bully her again then I won't let you off." Xue Hai had a scary vibe running down her spine as they both shuddered but Xua Ya saw him as rather intimidating to her. Liu Gang walked off with Xue Liang while Peng Lim took Su Rong.

Liu Gang took Xue Liang, setting her down on a stone made table and bench. Peng Lim took out a small bottle with powder in it, handing one bottle to Liu Gang. Liu Gang pinched some powder onto his finger and lightly applied it on Xue Liang's side of the mouth. She flinched due to it stinging a little.

"Does it hurt?" Liu Gang's voice made her feel at ease as she looked at him.

"I'm okay. This little cut is nothing." Smiling at him.

Peng Lim and Su Rong were being complicated on the other hand. "I can do it on my own!" Su Rong disliked others doing it for her.

"No! I'm a man so a man should be doing it for a girl!" Peng Lim was trying to get the bottle while Su Rong was holding it. Xue Liang couldn't help but giggle while Liu Gang smiled at her.

"General Liu, you're here." Soon they turned around to see Duke Xue Cheng who then saw Xue Liang's cut. "Liang, what happened?" He went up to her seeing the cut.

"Nothing father. I was being clumsy again." Xue Liang didn't want any more trouble to stir up as she didn't want anyone to get hurt.

"Liang, you're always clumsy. I'm going to assign you to start learning martial arts so that you won't get hurt anymore. It can also help if anyone tries to harm you." Xue Liang didn't expect that she would be learning martial arts. "General Liu, I would like to discuss with you about the recent kidnapping so please come into my studies." Liu Gang nodded but Xue Liang held his hand.

"Will you be back?" Xue Liang wanted to spend more time with him and in return he smiled, patting her head.

"I'll be back." He went off to follow Xue Liang's father as Peng Lim followed him. Su Rong and Xue Liang stayed together after a long pause. They decided to head off to the forest that they usually played in. Going into the forest they shifted to a baby tiger and baby clouded leopard.

"Miss Liang, aren't we supposed to be staying away from the forest as your father said?" Su Rong said.

"Yeah but my father doesn't know that we're felines. That's why we're here." Going into the forest, they started running and climbing the trees. Both tackled one another as they were playing. Laughing now, they then heard from distant arrows. "Run!" Xue Liang roared worriedly. Both started running with arrows being heard behind them being shot. Soon hearing a familiar voice behind them knowing who it was.

"Get that white tiger! It's fur would suit me finely! Whoever gets it first I will promote them!" Men ran into the forest as both girls knew the way out. Running out, Xue Liang was panting along with Su Rong but both girls had one arrow on each other.

"We have to find help!" Su Rong was supporting Xue Liang but they were stumbling. Xue Liang fell to her side as Su Rong then knew she needed to find help fast. She then started screeching loudly just when their mother's could be heard roaring within the forest.

_____

At the Xue Palace, Liu Gang and Peng Lim were talking about the kidnap that happened.

"So you suppose that the one that kidnapped my wife and children was possibly my Consort or wife." Duke Xue Cheng said.

"En, there was no recollection of anyone that truly hates you and most men there had been given a heavy sleeping powder. When they were captured they vowed to not reveal the person behind it all except one that said the master mind remained in the Xue Palace. This investigation may take longer than one would expect." They soon heard shouting men causing them to look out the door.

"Don't worry about that. They are hunting creatures in the forest since there will always be certain creatures in there." Duke Xue Cheng said behind them. They had no further need to talk about the case.

"Since there isn't really much to say now then we'll both continue to investigate this matter." Liu Gang said, tapping his hand on the side of the bottom window layout.

"Please do General Liu." Both left after walking towards the forest first. Looking into the forest, they felt there was something going on.

"Let's go." Soon Liu Gang stopped and heard screeching like a woman's scream but more creature-like. Running in, Peng Lim was behind him and confused.

"What's wrong Gang!?" Peng Lim questioned. They soon stopped and saw two injured baby felines. The cloud leopard was causing the screeching with the tiger laid injured with the worst arrows shot in them. Liu Gang went over quickly as Peng Lim checked the others and knew the cubs were the ones they knew.

"Lim! Can you fix this!?" Liu Gang asked in a panic.

"Yeah but I need all of my tools. We have to go to my place." Roaring was heard as they looked ahead.

"Get that tiger! The fur is what we need!" Roaring was heard but men were yelling and screaming from the pain.

"Lim, we have to take these two first. Their parents are doing whatever they can to hold off!" Both nodded as they carried the two babies first.