Chapter 11: Snake Mother and Daughter (3)

At Liu Gang's manor he waited for Peng Lim to return as the window then opened. Peng Lim held his chest, he was in a black suit hiding his identity.

"Lim, what happened? You seem a little... worn out." Liu Gang just poured tea for both of them while Peng Lim sat down removing his cover and took the cup of tea.

"You didn't tell me that Madam Wan had spies with her?" Peng Lim said. Leaving Liu Gang confused about what he meant.

"She doesn't. Why did you encounter one?" He questioned.

"I'm not sure. She only fought me and ran off. Not a single peep of noise." Peng Lim replied back.

"Is that so? We have to be more aware of this then. The investigation still has yet to be solved but we must be patient. Madam Wan is the one behind it all. What did you hear from her?" Peng Lim looked at Liu Gang as he knew the news wasn't going to be good.

"Madam Wan plans to drug Miss Liang and get her into Prince Yu's bed." Liu Gang then hit his fist onto the table breaking it in half. Peng Lim held the tea pot and his cup from breaking.

"Is that all?" Liu Gang then asked again.

"They plan to do it on Princess Wang's birthday." Liu Gang was feeling anger as he needed to help Xue Liang. "Let us be aware during that time.

_____

"Rong do keep an eye on them still. We will have to be sure to act a few things out." Xue Liang knew they had to be sure to keep things in order or be sure to not be suspicious during the event.

"En, Miss Liang. I will continue my duty then. What do you wish for me to do?" Su Rong asked her.

"I will do my part. I want you to get a few things for me. Then get 'her' as the last part. We must be careful as the palace is no joke. We must be careful to not alarm the people there as well." Xue Liang said to Su Rong. Su Rong bowed, understanding Miss's wish.

"I understand." Su Rong left to gather the things that Xue Liang asked for. Gathering everything she remained in a dark cloak hiding herself from the market streets. Carrying a basket she needed to be careful.

Listening with her hearing enhanced, she could sense and hear a few men following behind her. Su Rong was walking normally then entering an alley.

Su Rong started running as they ran after her. They decided to throw small daggers. She moved swiftly but got hit by one dagger scratching her arm. Hurrying along, she couldn't fight back out in an open town or market streets. Entering into a brothel she knew it wasn't the best place but it was all she could get.

Entering inside she hurried, she saw many women with men. She ran off opening a door then she was in a bathing room. Clutching onto her bleeding arm she saw a man's figure as she knew immediately she was in the wrong room. "What brings a woman here?" She heard a man's voice.

"I came into the wrong room." She said, still holding her arm. "I'll be leaving." She was about to leave when her hand was grabbed onto. She was pinned against him and the wall. She flinched feeling her bleeding arm seeping out with blood.

"It's been a long time, Su Rong." Hearing her full name she looked up. Seeing the same white hair and hazel eyes. She was about to say his name but the doors busted open. He had covered her mouth, shushing her as he went around looking at the two men.

"Who are you folks? Why are you in this bathing room? If you want to bathe then remove your clothes." Peng Lim said to the two men. They looked around but failed, losing Su Rong, looking as they looked to Peng Lim and left in annoyance that they lost their target. Peng Lim sighed looking at the men leaving as he went back to see Su Rong collapsed on the floor. He hurried over, she was panting with a fever. "Rong?! Rong?!" He carried her out of the bathing room.

Setting her onto his bed, he rolled her sleeve to her arm as it had turned purple. The dagger thrown at her was dipped in poison.

Making the antidote, he had it as liquid but she refused to open her mouth. Peng Lim decided to transfer the medicine as he transferred from his mouth to hers. The medicine was bitter but he then started rubbing the herb also onto her wound. Wrapping her arm next as she was still with the fever.

"Cold... It's cold..." She mumbled holding herself now as he hugged her. Laying on the bed with her, he wrapped the blanket around each other. He was facing Su Rong seeing her sleeping face. He didn't understand why but he knew she was not the most beautiful one but he cared for her.

His heart went crazy after seeing the wound on her arm. Even he felt his snow leopard growl inside as he held his chest.

_____

Waking up, Su Rong saw herself being hugged by none other than Peng Lim. A little surprised seeing that she was wrapped by both his arms.

Getting up quickly, she found herself still dressed and her arm wrapped up. She sighed in relief that she had awoken in the dead of the night. She looked down to see the young man who she knew as a boy before. She needed to leave though. Xue Liang would be looking for her anytime soon.

Grabbing her things, she left a note for him. Leaving quickly and quietly slipping through the window.

_____

The sun rose, Peng Lim awoke seeing his bed empty. He quickly went to the table to see the note.

'Thank you. I will repay your kindness in the future.'

He sighed seeing that she could've at least woke him up before she left. Going over to the table he wanted to see if she was surely okay. She just left without telling anyone and him.

He was feeling irritated with the thought that she just didn't wake him up. He held his head looking up feeling such annoyance but for the first time he really wanted to drag her back to his side making his mind feel somewhat crazy.