Chapter 16: Little Tiger? (2)

Liu Gang looked at the direction that the tiger was in as they saw a mother deer and her fawn. Xue Liang got up, she then ran up to a cliff, having him follow behind. Feeling the wind, Liu Gang saw her fur moving beautifully with the wind. He felt the wind as he looked at the clear sky. His lion wanted to claim her. He stood next to her as he looked down to her.

"So this is how it feels to be this free with no worries. You probably don't understand me but I'd rather stay this way forever but I can't." Xue Liang knew that feeling, rubbing her head against his neck, she saw the lion symbol on his right chest. It was time for her to go home now as she licked his cheek. "You're going now."

Xue Liang only growled lowly to hear it as she ran off. Running off as she then made it home shifting back as she saw Su Rong was waiting for her. "Miss Liang! Thank goodness. Luckily you're finally home." They went inside as she bathed and needed to keep herself clean from now on.

"Rong did you come across General Peng?" Xue Liang asked Su Rong as she froze. Su Rong nodded, continuing to comb Xue Liang's hair. "Did you by chance see him change into a feline of any sort?" Su Rong then became more concerned looking at Xue Liang.

"I did. Did you meet General Liu? Did he do the same thing?" Xue Liang nodded as they were confused why the both of them could do it. "Su Rong, what did General Lim's feline look like?"

"His feline was a snow leopard of white and fine dots. It was... beautiful." Xue Liang saw that Su Rong was blushing. She turned around to face her as she smiled.

"You like Lim?" Smirking as Su Rong decided to get back at her.

"You like Gang?"

"En, I do. I don't know why but my heart beats for him when I see him." Su Rong didn't expect that answer from her as Xue Liang went off to bed. "Time to rest and we have to be more careful because it seems as though Consort Wan Bao has become angered." Su Rong and her agreed as they rested the night but not soundly.

Xue Liang couldn't sleep at all as she woke up in the early morning when the sun's sky was still pink and purple. She got up wearing a few heavy coat robes going out.

She went to the forest as she loved the forest the most near her home. Soon she heard footsteps in the forest as she soon saw a figure. Looking closer, she then saw a pair of purple eyes glow walking closer to it.

She walked closer but it looked as though it was backing up about to run off. "Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. Can you please come out?" Xue Liang said as it took awhile. She then saw Liu Gang as a Lion.

Backing up, she saw how big he was as she was just in human form. He stood looking down at her as she then reached her hand slowly touching his mane.

"Beautiful... How did you get here, Lion?" He only looked at her. She stopped touching him as she stood facing him. Liu Gang sniffed her, he felt at ease with her scent. Rubbing his head against hers as she smiled.

"Meeting a Lion has made my day. Consort Wan is going to try and get rid of me. I'm worried that since I'm still a maiden and not married then she'll do whatever she can to get rid of me for switching places. Although, Consort Wan is also having an affair with another man." Xue Liang said, sighing looking up at the night sky. She didn't know why she was telling everything to him. Her head felt like it was at a breakpoint.

Liu Gang perked his head up as he looked at her. Xue Liang was then crying, wiping her tears. "I feel so sad for Yahui. He's such a young boy but he was born in an adulterous act. I love him just as my own brother but Consort Wan is taking him for granted. I'm not as strong as people see me but I can't always keep everything in. Why do people have to take each other for granted? I'm... scared of being hurt." Liu Gang clearly saw her crying face as he licked her tears.

"Liang, I didn't think that you held this much burden on yourself. I won't let anyone hurt you. I'm going to stop Consort Wan from harming you. From now on, I'll be there for you." He only kept comforting her as she soon fell asleep on him. Liu Gang shifted into his human form carrying her. "Liang, I won't allow anyone to hurt you anymore." He kissed her head as he carried her back to her room.

"Lim?" Peng Lim appeared as they met with each other in the forest.

"Gang, what do you plan to do?" Peng Lim questioned.

"Consort Wan, we have to expose her in an adulterous act. Lim I entrust you to find the man she is having an affair with." Liu Gang looks to Peng Lim as he just nodded leaving after. "Liang, I won't let you be hurt anymore. Wait for me." He sees spies of Consort Wan Bao as he strikes them leaving Xue Liang to sleep. Killing off six of them as he left one alive.

Peng Lim then hit his pressure point as they looked at him. "We'll be interrogating you until you tell us what we need." Liu Gang said as they took the only spy alive. Taking him to Liu Gang's manor as he held a secret room as they tied the spy with chains and torture tools. "Why don't we start?" Liu Gang and Peng Lim were in the secret room as they decided to ask questions.

"We know that you're working for Consort Wan. Who is the other person working with her?" The spy didn't reply as they then took out a whip as it hit the spy making him scream in pain. "Can we use this whip or those?" Peng Lim took out a dagger and knife as the spy was starting to shake. "What will it be?"

The spy then nodded and started talking. "Minister Nie asked us to follow anything that Consort Wan told us! He said that once she gets rid of the rest of the household then everything is set! He plans to get rid of the Xue family but he waits until his son comes of age!" Liu Gang was filled with anger as he knew exactly who Minister Nie Bo was.