Chapter 38: Qiliang Kingdom (1)

Time passed, they observed and saw Xue Ya was always suspicious as she would have private talk with Prince Ye Ping's men. Shen Jun was put aside, she had no action or activity at all that shows she was involved. Xue Ya was the main focus when they had started to see her true colors.

Xue Ya was ill having the imperial physician check her pulse as he checked as he made sure of the diagnosis. "Congratulations Prince Ye, Madam Ya is with child. I will write the prescription for her."

Prince Ye Ping stayed near her as he rubbed her head knowing she was pregnant with their child. "Ya don't do too much since you're with child now. I won't allow you to."

Xue Ya was after all gentle and kind but inside she didn't want the child. "I understand my husband."

Xue Liang was playing chess, thinking as she played individually on her own. Liu Gang then walked by, sitting across from her. "What is my wife doing?" He looked at. She smiled looking at him.

"She's thinking at the moment. Sister Ya is pregnant but inside she doesn't want the child." Xue Liang said, making a move on the chess board.

"Oh, my wife seems to see her sister very well but why not talk about us." Liu Gang's instead brought up.

"Huh?" Xue Liang didn't recognize he had moved over to her kissing her lips. "Gang!" She hissed at him but he only smirked looking at her.

"I was going to ask when you were going to give me a child." He moved his hand to her lower belly having her a little startled but their sexual activity was very common around as she smiled.

"I guess this General lacks a little in himself." She then stopped seeing Liu Gang looking back at her.

"If that's so then let us see." She was going to run but he had caught her and carried her again.

"Gang!"

"This time it's your fault for starting it." He carried her to their bedchamber as she kept struggling.

_____

The emperor called General Liu Gang as the emperor sat on his throne. "General Liu, I've called you here today because of a certain matter."

"What does the emperor wish for this one to do?" He bowed as he awaited the emperor's request.

"The Ming Kingdom needs you to travel to the Qiliang Kingdom. For years we've never been on terms with them but they've grown strong over the years and they may seem to attack soon. Today we ask you to take your soldiers and try to have them cooperate with us." The emperor replied as Prince Ye Ping was happy. He knew that the Qiliang Kingdom killed anyone from the Ming Kingdom as they had a deep hatred for them. He saw this opportunity to take his wife when she became a widow.

"If it's the emperor's request then I shall do so." Liu Gang said but could sense Prince Ye Ping's desire to have him dead.

"You will leave with your army in three days. I hope for a safe return and great news." The emperor replied as they ended the topic. Liu Gang returned to his Manor, he felt angered by seeing Prince Ye Ping's face. Xue Liang went up to him but she saw how distressed he was.

"Husband, what's wrong?" She rubbed his cheek then felt his head. Liu Gang then grabbed her hand holding it.

"Wife, I'll be leaving for the Qiliang Kingdom. I don't know how long I'll be gone but take care of yourself until I return." He rubbed her cheek, she had a look of sadness for their departing. She kissed him as he hugged her close. "During the three days I want to be with you until then." She nodded, feeling tears in her eyes forming.

"I've heard about how the Qiliang Kingdom can be. Be careful no matter what. I do not allow you to die out there. Be careful no matter what." Xue Liang said to them.

"I should be saying that. Your sister will try to harm you but her husband is going to hope for my death and have you as his consort. I cannot allow him to take you from me." He carried her bridal style into their bed chamber. "I'm going to have you for the next three days. I want to imprint all of me onto you. I will not allow anyone to take you from me." He kissed her as she moaned wanting to be with him.

Three days passed, Su Rong would leave food for them by the door as they would take it and eat it. Leaving the empty dishes for them to take back. Su Rong was with Peng Lim during that time. Peng Lim was the only one staying with Su Rong and Xue Liang.

Xue Liang knew it was time for Liu Gang to set out with his army. She was restless as he kept taking her body for days. She laid on his chest but she held him close. He held her close thinking how he could stand being apart from her. She moved hair away from his face as he opened his eyes to see her amber eyes looking at him. "Husband is finally awake."

"I wish that we could be like this forever. Nothing to bother us or go against us. Just us together is all we need." He kissed her head, rubbing her smooth back. They both soon had to get up and get dressed.

Liu Gang got up on his horse watching Xue Liang with the saddest face he'd seen. "Wife, I will come back. Don't lose hope even for a second." He yelled as Xue Liang smiled and nodded to him.

He soon rode off as he gathered his army going to the Qiliang Kingdom. "My husband, I know you will be alive and safe. I will wait for you no matter how long it takes just like you did with me."