Chapter 31: Su Rong & Peng Lim (1)

Xue Li and Xue Yahui we're practicing with their wooden swords as Peng Lim was teaching them at Liu Gang's Manor. "Li! I've told you many times. You have to think through a battle like this. You cannot focus just on strength. Yahui! You have to hold the sword with strength to not let your guard down." Peng Lim was their teacher as Su Rong could only see herself smiling at how dedicated he was to teach the two boys.

"Sister Rong! Why don't you teach us!? Brother Lim is too harsh!" Su Rong heard Xue Li as she smiled and went to them.

"If it was me then I would've given you both a real sword and have you both fight me. I want you both to learn the manly way of sword fights, not womanly." Both young boys were shocked as they didn't think Su Rong was more harsher than Peng Lim.

"Lim, please do teach these boys." She teased him as she nipped his neck leaving a red mark. Xue Li and Xue Yahui covered their eyes, having their wooden swords fall to the ground. Su Rong chuckled, disappearing off as Peng Lim covered his red mark with her.

"I will get you back, Rong. Boys! Let's start!" Peng Lim yelled seeing Su Rong walking off.

Both nodded as they grabbed their swords listening to his every instruction. Su Rong walked joyfully, she couldn't help but feel happy for what she did. She walked around as she saw Liu Gang and Xue Liang we're still together although their wedding was the next day. They both had complicated matters but they still loved each other deeply. "Gang, what made you love me? I'm not as pretty as my sisters nor am I from a high status." Xue Liang looked up to him as he sighed deeply.

"You are beautiful and these amber eyes were the ones that caught my attention. I should've known you were the tiger at first glance at these eyes. You, your mother, and brother are the only ones that have it." Liu Gang held her chin up, seeing her amber eyes as she saw his purple eyes. Liu Gang and Xue Liang slowly closed their eyes as their lips met.

Su Rong smiled at the view as she then jumped with Xue Li scaring her. "Ahhh!!!" Su Rong fell into the pond as she couldn't get back up.

Xue Liang saw that as she quickly got up. "Rong!!! She can't swim!!!"

Peng Lim jumped into the pond as Su Rong couldn't swim. She saw Peng Lim, he held the back of her head as he pressed their lips together passing air to her. Swimming up as he held her by the waist. She coughed and wiped her face, having Xue Liang sigh with relief.

"Li, you will be responsible for your actions." Su Rong said. Xue Li gulped as he stood and went to Su Rong and kept apologizing. "Li, I'm going to train you and Yahui from now on." Xue Li and Xue Yahui then shook as they decided to leave back home.

Su Rong looked at Peng Lim. "Thank you." He held her to his chest as he didn't want to think about it if he came a second later. Xue Liang sighed as they decided to get her cleaned up and in a new pair of clothes. She walked out dressed in fine green robe clothes.

Peng Lim was speechless, Xue Liang smiled looking at Su Rong and him. "Rong, me and Gang will be having a little private talk. Stay with Lim until we're back." Xue Liang took Liu Gang's hand as they both walked into his studies.

"Miss Lia-" The door closed on Su Rong, she turned around to see Peng Lim was standing in front of her as he looked down at her.

"You look beautiful in these clothes. You should wear it more often." He grabbed a bit of her hair as he smelled a sweet plum fragrance. Su Rong blushed as she tried to walk off but he had caught her wrist.

"Let's go do something together for once. This new look of yours right now is a good time for a long time." Su Rong didn't reject but nodded as he took her hand as they walked out of Liu Gang's Manor.

Xue Liang was peeking at them leaving as she giggled. "So you plan to get your maid and my subordinate together." Liu Gang said behind her as she smiled nodding to him.

"I have nothing against it but Peng Lim comes from a minister's family. He has two consorts that he is with but he's never considered going back there. He has no intention of being with them but he seems to love Su Rong more than them."

"I can't do anything but hope that Rong is happy. She was born accidentally but I'm happy she's here with me. She even found her mate or fated one being here."

Liu Gang looked at her as he didn't quite understand. "What do you mean 'accidentally' and 'mate' or 'fated one'?"

"Rong was born to a Duke and a maid. My mother's maid did it to save my mother and I am forever grateful to her. The only thing I can do is find happiness for her daughter." Xue Liang said.

Liu Gang held her hand as he kissed the front of it. "You've done well. Let us both help them get with each other. Still tell me about this 'mate' thing." Xue Liang nodded as she hugged him around the neck with her arms.

"A mate is like finding the love of their life and meaning for each other. Like me and you are mates." Xue Liang said making Liu Gang brighten up knowing he was meant for Xue Liang.

"Today you're my fiancé, but tomorrow you're my wife." Xue Liang smiled and nodded as she kissed his cheek.

"That's not a kiss." He kissed her lips smirking after separating.

"You didn't have to do that. We have tomorrow." She said. he chuckled, rubbing their heads together.

At the market streets, Peng Lim held Su Rong close as she didn't think she would be with him. They were out in the open as he held her close. "Let's go and eat something real quick."