Chapter 8: We'll Meet Again (2)

"Liang! You must always remember to never lose focus! You must learn that these training sessions are meant to help you!" Hearing her mentor, both Xue Liang and Su Rong fell hard to the ground.

Both clutched their sides feeling the pain that their mentor inflicted on them. "Both of you need to improve. Your fighting skills are still too low!" Their mentor started attacking again with her wooden sword. They ran but ran back screaming to attack her.

_____

Meanwhile at the Ming Border...

Liu Gang clutched his chest feeling massive pain on his body. He panted feeling his body burn, his bones felt like they were breaking. The night was raging with storms and thunder as he didn't release a scream but a roar instead. He felt his body change as Peng Lim alone was in the same situation.

Both were in severe pain from the unknown cause. They both opened their eyes to see. Liu Gang saw a snow leopard looking back at him and he felt a growl coming from his chest. He felt himself showing dominance to show he was the Alpha. He was shocked hearing it as he looked down to see he didn't have hands but paws.

"Gang???" Hearing a familiar voice, Liu Gang turned to look at the snow leopard.

"Lim???" He then spoke back in an odd beast language as the snow leopard bowed. "What happened to us?" Liu Gang questioned seeing that they had somewhat changed oddly.

"We can find out later but as of now. We cannot let our men see us or else we will be targeted." Peng Lim had a good point as they needed to find a way to change back. "How are we going to change back?"

"Just bring the image of yourself back." Hearing a voice coming out from behind them was a figure appearing with a black cloak covering the lady. "I only have a little amount of time but think of how you looked like before." Both young generals didn't know whether to believe her or not but they decided to try.

By doing so they felt their body shifting back, they opened their eyes looking around but saw no lady in a cloak. Only a note was left as both went towards the note left on the desk as Liu Gang opened it.

'Don't let humans know of our existence.'

When all the notes were read, they didn't know what had happened but they felt their sore bodies knowing that they were somehow not human.

_____

Nine years later...

Living at the Taoist Temple Xue Liang had grown up. Her tiger form had grown as well being double the size. She was climbing the cliff, running up the cliff and looking at the horizon as the sun rose slightly. Roaring loudly, the forest shook along with the birds flying away. The wind blowing through her fur coat had her looking around.

Hearing a crack of a branch, Xue Liang knew who it was. "What is it?" Xue Liang asked. Su Rong had walked out as her adult clouded leopard went up next to her.

"Miss Liang, we have to return soon. Today is the day we return to the Xue Palace. Do you wish to do anything else before we leave?" Xue Liang sighed. She loved the forest that gave her freedom but now she was at a marriageable age.

"Let's go. It's better to return sooner than one thinks." Both shifted back. Xue Liang's long hair reached past her back. Her amber eyes stood out the most. Her necklace hung out as she remembered receiving it from Liu Gang. Tucking it under her light blue garment. It had been nine years and she would think of Liu Gang and if he ever thought of her.

_____

At the Ming military borders, Liu Gang held a handkerchief of a purple bellflower.

"Gang, I see you're still looking at the handkerchief by Miss Liang. It's been nine years. Do you think she misses you? We won't ever know when we'll go back." Peng Lim and Liu Gang we're now adult men as they were the emperors favored generals. Both were now twenty-one and Gang still has yet to find a wife or consort.

"You're about to have another consort, Lim." Liu Gang said, mocking him. Peng Lim sighed, irritated knowing he did not even like them and never touched them.

"General Liu!!!" A soldier yelled out. Peng Lim and Liu Gang turned around to see him as he knelt down.

"Speak." Liu Gang looked at him wanting to know what the message was.

"The emperor has called for General Liu and General Peng back to the palace. He has invited you both for Princess Wang Ya's birthday." Liu Gang usually never went to any event that the emperor called him for but this time he felt that it was a good time to go.

"Tell the emperor-" Peng Lim was about to deny it until Liu Gang decided to interrupt.

"We'll go. Lim, I leave you to find a present." Liu Gang went to his quarters as he opened the handkerchief with the purple bellflower. "Liang, I hope to see you soon."

_____

The Xue Palace remained the same, Xue Liang stepped out of the carriage seeing her parents and little brothers. Xue Li ran to her as he hugged her around the waist. He only reached up to her belly since he was still young.

"Li you've grown big now. Have you been focusing on your studies?" Xue Liang looked at him but in return he laughed.

"En! Me and Yahui have been studying so well." He replied back as Xue Yahui was shy around Xue Liang, hiding behind their father.

"Li, Yahui, I have something to give you both. Come here." Both followed behind her as she took out a chest. Opening the chest it revealed two ribbon charms as she grabbed each and tied it on both Xue Li and Xue Yahui around their waist belt.

"These are known as charms to protect you. It will protect you in any danger." Xue Li's amber eyes brightened up but Xue Yahui's brown eyes were slightly down showing shyness.

"Liang now that you've come back. Why don't you tell us what you have? The carriage seems to be full." Duke Xue Cheng then looked at the carriages, Xue Liang smiled at them.

"I brought back something for everyone. Let's go inside first and I'll give it to everyone." Everyone agreed walking into the room as they took a seat and received tea to drink.