Chapter 58: After

Xue Liang had returned home, and things were going well for the past six months. She held her belly again as she was concerned for the time. She worried about how they've lost Ye Yao Chuan. He was taken away and likely may take revenge for his parents and Kingdom. She sighed, rubbing her nine month pregnant belly once more.

Liu Gang had his duties but as of now he was still managing the military as he preferred handling the soldiers. His mother still ruled as the recent empress. She knew her son wasn't ready yet as she allowed him to manage the soldiers.

Xue Liang held her tea as she was about to take a sip. Dropping her cup as Su Rong heard a shatter of glass. She rushed to the noise, seeing Xue Liang clutching her belly again as she knew the same situation. "Someone get a midwife!!!" She yelled as clearly everyone heard.

The guard at the border where the soldiers were alarmed as one shifted. He roared alarmingly for their future empress who was in labor. Many heard as they paused, Liu Gang heard as he stopped the training. Peng Lim and him caught eyes as both nodded. Shifting as they started running, reaching the palace. "Gang! You're finally here!" Empress Qiliang said as everyone had already made it. Xue Liang's family and friends were there as they awaited outside of the room.

"How's Liang?" Liu Gang questioned as they heard a painful scream from inside the room.

"She should be fine. I'm sure since she had Feng as well." Empress Qiliang said as Su Lei sighed.

"Liang has it hard. She fell unconscious and she nearly lost her life and Feng's." Su Lei said to them. She had to tell them so that things would go differently this time. Liu Gang had a worried look as the midwife came out as he went up to her.

"How is my wife?" He asked the midwife. She looked at him.

"She wants you in there. She keeps calling your name." The midwife said signaling him to follow her as he didn't hesitate going inside. He rushed over to her side taking hold of her hand.

Outside all of the felines had gathered around hoping for their future empress of safe labor as well as the child. "Gang..." She held his hand as he rubbed the sweat on her head with his sleeve.

"Liang, you can do it. I'm here this time." He said as he held her hand.

"Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!" She screamed, feeling her lower half as if there was relief. Hearing a child's cry, Xue Liang took a deep breath exhausted. The midwife washed their newborn child as she smiled.

"Congratulations, you have a newborn daughter. She is rather the rarest." The midwife said, handing Liu Gang their daughter. Liu Gang room held her, he couldn't believe she was very small. Xue Liang rested her head on his shoulder as she smiled looking down at their daughter.

"Husband, go ahead and name her. She is after all your daughter." Xue Liang said to him. Their daughter opened her eyes as she smiled looking at them. Her eyes were a mixture of purple and amber together in both eyes as they smiled seeing that she had gotten both traits. Her chest had a tiger's symbol but had white fur with gold stripes like the lions.

"Her name will be Liu Fu Juan." Liu Gang said to her. Xue Liang smiled but had a curiosity.

"Why do you want to keep your surname Liu instead of changing it into Li Qiliang like your mother's?" She questioned wanting a clear answer.

"I prefer my surname now because my grandma who named me was Liu. I want to keep her surname to remember her who also raised and took care of me." He said to Xue Liang. She felt happy that he had a reason.

Everyone entered as they saw the newborn child. "She is finally born. So you both still plan to have a child after this?" Ling Fe asked, looking at her son-in-law and daughter. Both didn't reply as they didn't know if they would again it would depend.

"Fe, I think this many kids is enough. I'm still trying to get used to the fact that you all are felines that are human." Xue Cheng said as he had shivers up his spine.

He looked to Xhen Tao who also looked at him. Both knew they were not used to the fact that they were living in a kingdom filled with many felines.

"Husband, you will be fine. Since I can shift again then I will protect you." Ling Fe smirked seeing her husband as she didn't think he would be there with her now. Su Lei held Xhen Tao's hand as he smiled looking down at her.

Su Rong entered with her son, Peng Wei. Peng Lim held Liu Feng. He was now one and just about nearly walking. He was pretty strong as his father as he was only one and growing fast. "Got your other kid here." Peng Lim said as Feng grabbed his white hair. "Want him now?"

"Sure." Xue Liang said. Peng Lim had set Liu Feng onto the bed they were on. He looked curiously at the infant that was his little sister. He crawled to her, grabbing onto Xue Liang's robe as she helped her son carrying him and setting him in between to see his little sister. "Feng in the future you must protect your people and your little sister." Xue Liang said. Feng looked to his mother, father, then to his little sister.

"Feng, father, hopes that you can be a great leader one day. You must watch and take care of your own for as long as you live. I will help you lead them correctly." Liu Gang rubbed his son's head as Liu Feng smiled.

Xue Liang hoped that in the future her children would find their own happiness and mates. She kissed her daughter, son, and then her husband's cheek as he looked down smirking to her.

"I'll have to have you soon." He said as she knew he wasn't the type to hold back.

"Idiot." She said smiling and looking at everyone in the room who stood with them this long. Smiling to know that everyone there stood along them as they were family all together.