Chapter 44: Finding Liu Gang (2)

The time came as her last two months came around fast. Xue Liang was panting heavily as she clutched the bed sheet. Screaming as she felt pain where her belly was. "Liang keeps pushing!" Su Lei said as she was helping Xue Liang as the midwife.

Ling Fe was wiping her sweaty head as she screamed. "I can't... it hurts..."

"Liang, keep going, you're almost there." Su Lei said. Xue Liang then soon screamed, falling unconscious.

"Liang!" Her mother yelled for her as she was faintly weak.

"She has to get back up. If she doesn't then the child won't survive along with her." They were all worried since they could only wait if she could gain consciousness soon.

Xue Liang then saw herself in Liu Gang's Manor as he was there smiling at her. "Gang..."

"My wife, you have to hurry back and have our child." He then said but he was still far from her.

"Husband, I miss you so much. I can't live without you." She cried as he went up and kissed her head.

"I miss you also but our child needs to live. You need to live. Like I said, we will meet again." A flash of light had passed over blinding her.

Xue Liang then came back, she was still in labor with her mother exclaimed with happiness. She held her mother's hand and looked at her. "I have to have this child's mother."

"Yes! Liang's mother wants you to have this child. You're almost there." Xue Liang then kept pushing and lastly as they heard a child cry.

"Oh such joy! It's a little boy!" Su Lei said. Taking Xue Liang's son. Xue Liang was exhausted but laid down looking at Su Lei with her son.

"Lei bring me my son." Xue Liang said weakly, seeing that Su Lei cleaned up Xue Liang's son. She had set him down next to her as Xue Liang got up to see him.

Both of his eyes were different as one was amber and the other was purple. His black hair was soft as she cried looking at him. Down to his chest was a lion's symbol and mane. "Liu Feng, my son, you look exactly like your father also." She cried as she rubbed his cheek. "The way his eyebrow frowns is exactly like him along with a lion symbol on his right chest. Thank you everyone for helping me this far to have my son." They smiled with the night filled with nothing but joy.

_____

Peng Lim was imprisoned at the Qiliang prison having to keep track of time. By now he knew that Xue Liang was likely to have already given birth. He missed Su Rong as he felt his heart clench sadly.

Holding his handkerchief by Su Rong, he was then dragged out from the cage as he was then taken to the palace room where all the high status looked to him. He caught a familiar scent as he knew it was closer than one would think.

"Who are you?" Peng Lim looked up to see a purple eye empress as there was an odd prince wearing a mask hiding his face but seeing only his purple eyes which is probably her son.

"I'm Peng Lim. I've come from the Ming Kingdom to search for my dearest friend and master, General Liu and bring his body back."

"Why have you decided to find his body?" She then asked, looking down at him.

"We are not sure if he is alive or not but the news to his wife had her in shock. Her father has allowed me to search if we can really trust the word of the emperor of Ming. If he is alive then we wish to have him back and help us as the Ming Kingdom may have a downfall soon." Peng Lim kept observing around as the people were not amazed or surprised. It was as if they saw that the Ming Kingdom would fall.

"What do you mean?" She continued to look down as she had no interest.

"Prince Ye and his wife, Xue Ya have become a concern to the people as his wife is the real trouble. She has likely given birth to a grandchild to the emperor. The emperor now favors Prince Ye which we've seen what he can do. His wife had ordered assassins to kill Liu Gang's Wife, Xue Liang."

"Why didn't you stay with her then?" She continued to ask but the prince with the mask looked a little concerned with a different expression. Peng Lim then knew immediately as he knew the scent now.

"I stayed behind to hold up the assassin. Liang was with child at that time as her sister Xue Ya wanted to kill her and her unborn child. They managed to escape and hide." The masked prince then stood up going down to Peng Lim. "It's been a long time, Liu Gang." Peng Lim then said as Liu Gang smirked at him.

"Yes, it's been a long time." He removed his mask, Liu Gang's face was now seen able by all as he untied Peng Lim from the chains. "How is Liang!?" He then asked. Peng Lim dusted himself off. Irritated to the fact that Liu Gang was having all the nice treatment.

"First, tell me about that mask and why you never came back. Liang was devastated and nearly had a miscarriage." Peng Lim crossed his arms as he was forced to wait two months in a prison as Liu Gang had a luxurious life.

Liu Gang sighed as he knew Peng Lim was upset. "Gang is my son that I sent away to be protected by the previous emperor that wanted him dead but he died years ago. I'm his mother, Empress Qiliang Win." She said.

"No wonder both of your eyes resembled a lot." Peng Lim then said as Liu Gang lost his patience.

"Lim! How is my wife and child?" He then held Peng Lim's shoulders, having Peng Lim sigh in return.