Chapter 19: Late Fever (3)

Su Rong looked at Peng Lim as he kept staring at her angrily. She backed up slightly to make a run for it. He had suddenly hugged her from behind. She gasped feeling his warm embrace. "Lim, let me go." She said holding his forearm that wrapped around her.

"I will not let you go. Not when you take things so seriously. What happened to you?" He questioned remembering how she used to be so feisty. She was so young and pure but how he looked to her. She looked stuck in one place that was dark. "Just stay like this for a little." She remained like that and held his forearms as she could hear him sniffing her.

Feeling his breath, she felt her feline purring to the rhythm of his breathing. He separated from her as they looked at each other. She decided to be herself then to make him a little happy but also see if he can beat her in her little game. She pinched his cheeks as she smiled seeing his cheeks pinched with a red circle.

He was a little surprised as she was out of his arms. She walked out of the room while he rubbed his cheeks. "Hey! Rong wait!" He called to her but she already started off ahead. He was chasing after her as she started running. She wasn't going to shift and expose herself yet as she continued. Running as she saw Liu Manor's garden, hiding around as it was also night so she hid between bushes. She saw Peng Lim as he was looking around. "Rong!? Where did you go!?" He yelled.

Peng Lim smiled as he decided to play along with her. He was in the garden and decided to enhance his sense of smell. He looked around, his nose twitched catching her scent. She had moved around now as he looked behind the bushes to see no one. He then heard giggling behind another bush. He looked but found no one also. He was in the middle of the garden now as he decided to try a new tactic.

Su Rong easily knew that he enhanced his smell. She turned to look at where he was in the middle of the garden. She saw no one as she just lost him. Turning to look around, she did not see him anywhere. "I got you!" He had snuck up behind her as he hugged her from escaping his hold.

"Y-You cheated!" She said as he rubbed his head against her back.

"No one said anything about cheating in this game." He said pinning her down. She looked at him amazed that he had been the first to actually find her. No one had ever been able to find her, not even Xue Liang.

"You're the first to ever beat me." She said, still astonished by his sense. He looked at her but with an evil smirk. Seeing his reaction, I felt a little worried about what he was planning.

"Since I'm the first to beat you then what is my reward?" He said smirking as she didn't think he would be trying to use that method on her. "I'm waiting. I'll close my eyes." He had closed his eyes. She needed to give him something as he had completely pinned her down to the grass with her legs and arms down.

She sighed knowing she wasn't going to like this one bit. She kissed his cheek as he opened his eyes looking down to her. "There is your reward." She said pouting and looked away.

"That wasn't a real kiss but I'll have to get the next kiss here when I win again." He said as he pointed to his lips. He released her as she quickly got up. Feeling her face still blushing, he smiled looking down to see her finally opening up and being herself.

"Next time, I'll let you do what you want. This time it's me." She said as and slightly bent up biting his neck lightly. He jumped a little to the action as she smiled running off again. He came back running after her.

"Hey! Is the game still going on?!" He questioned as he wasn't able to catch her again. She was a good player in the game of hide and seek.

"If you can catch me then I'll let you get anything you want." She said giggling as she hid again in the garden from him. He smirked hoping he'd be able to catch her and have his own reward to himself.

"We'll see about that." He ran after trying to look from bush to bush. He was getting tired as he didn't think that she would be very good to this point.

Su Rong giggled knowing that once one person played with her. She knew well of their movements and abilities, being able to outrun them again. She had been known well for detecting the movements of her prey. Oddly they continued playing the whole night as both didn't give up.

_____

Liu Gang saw in the distance both his friend and Xue Liang's maid playing together as he sighed. He smiled after seeing that it had been a long time since his friend really cared about anyone other than his mother.

He decided to leave the two alone, going off to Xue Liang's room. She was in deep slumber but he touched her forehead feeling her as she mumbled. "Gang..." He smiled seeing her as he remembered her calling his name when she was asleep. He wondered if she still called his name when he hadn't been there for the past few years.