Chapter 41: New Life (2)

Traveling as they then came across a few bandits having Su Rong manage them. It took about a month to get to their hidden home if they took the correct pathways.

Their journey stopped as they made it. Getting out of the carriage as Su Rong helped Xue Liang down the carriage. Keeping her hand on her belly as two familiar women came out of their home.

"We're here." Su Rong yelled out. Ling Fe and Su Lei walked towards them as they smiled. Ling Fe had lost her memories due to the lack of blood flow to her brain as Su Lei remained by her side to take care of her.

"Liang your back and Rong. What brings you both here now?" Ling Fe asked as Su Lei held her hand. "Mother, I have something to ask you."

Su Rong then told Su Lei. "What is it?"

"Who is my father?" Su Lei looked at her daughter as she knew it would be about time to tell her.

They all went to sit down in a room as they were served tea. "Rong, your father is Duke Zhen Tao." Su Rong froze as she knew for sure now.

"Why didn't you stay with your father?" Su Rong asked.

"I chose to stay with Fe. She is my dearest friend and we've always known each other but it was also because your father had two other consorts who had his children. I couldn't let you go into a household that has such rivalry and schemes." Su Lei told her daughter.

"Mother, I met him. He came to find out who killed you and Fe in the fire." Su Lei stopped drinking her tea as they all saw her shed a single tear.

"He really did. What an idiot." Her mother said lowly looking at her hands.

Su Rong and Su Lei we're talking with one another as Xue Liang was letting her mother rub her belly, she was excited for the new child. Xue Liang held the necklace around her neck as it was also the only thing left of Liu Gang along with the child she carried. She was planning to give it to her child when she gave birth.

"Mother's little child, grow up strong to be like your father." She rubbed her belly as it was almost four months. Su Rong then ran off vomiting. Su Lei rushed to her as everyone had a concerned look.

"Rong, are you perhaps pregnant?" Su Rong looked at them as her mother then told her to lay down as she felt her pulse. Everyone sat down in the room with chairs as they awaited.

"Rong, there's no doubt about it. You're pregnant at least one month so far." Su Rong couldn't believe it as she was pregnant with Peng Lim's child.

"All of this news is making me feel so happy." Ling Fe said as she smiled looking at the two pregnant girls in the room.

"I'll make certain food and herbs to make for your children. Girls you both must not stress yourselves." Su Lei said as she went ahead to start.

Su Rong and Xue Liang smiled at one another as they couldn't believe they were going to be mothers soon. They were hoping for their children to be born healthy and strong like their fathers.

_____

Back at the Xue Manor, Peng Lim stood in a room with Duke Xue Cheng and Duke Zhen Tao. "We have to find out what Xue Ya is planning. She had sent assassins to get rid of Xue Liang and Su Rong. I was luckily there to prevent it." Peng Lim said as both fathers were in deep stress.

"Why does your daughter, Ya hate her sister so much?" Duke Zhen Tao decided to ask as Duke Xue Cheng looked at him.

"They are sisters but since young they've never once liked each other. Ya may seem like an innocent child but she is very dangerous. I fear that she will ruin the Ming Kingdom. Now that General Liu is no longer here then things will start to get complicated." Duke Xue Cheng was telling them as he surely needed Liu Gang help.

"We're not sure if he really is dead." Both dukes looked to him as he gave off a serious look.

"What is Lim thinking?" Duke Xue Cheng asked him.

"They said that his body couldn't be found by all the dead bodies of the soldiers but that doesn't mean that he can be dead. I'm going to the Qiliang Kingdom to find his body and prove if he is alive or not. By that time, you both will have to work together and keep an eye on Ya. She may grow with power if she becomes the empress. I need you both to make sure the emperor remains alive and well. Prince Ye and Madam Ya could do anything at this point."

Both Dukes agreed as they allowed him to find Liu Gang If he really was gone. Peng Lim got his horse prepared as he packed all he can. Getting ready as he saw the dukes out the door. It was going to take two or three months to the Qiliang's Kingdom as he rode day and night. Stopping in the forest which he found to be the safest place for him since he was not ordinary.

Finally making it there as bodies had become decomposed into the sand as there only remained skeletons of the soldiers. He looked around to see if he could find Liu Gang's body.