Chapter 50: Emperor Ye Ping (1)

The emperor of Ming Kingdom was standing still, Duke Xue Cheng and Duke Xhen Tao would support him as possible and avoid him from being ill or killed. They both still kept an eye on Xue Ya and Prince Ye Ping.

Xue Ya had a son as they named him Prince Ye Yao Chuan. Xue Ya was a very distant person, she kept to herself a lot as she would still be with Prince Ye Ping when it came to the emperor calling someone to the palace to talk. "Duke Xue, do you have any clue about the investigation of your wife?" The emperor asked as Duke Xue Cheng looked to the emperor why he would ask.

"Why would the emperor ask?" Duke Xue Cheng asked the emperor.

"This emperor wants to know since Consort Fe was a friend of his. Knowing her daughter and son, Xue Li and Xue Yahui have grown tired of waiting. They've told the emperor how they want to stop the killer from hurting anyone else." Duke Xue Cheng didn't think his sons would ask the emperor.

"I'm doing it because your sons have asked me too but I cannot allow their case to be unsolved since they lost their mother at a young age."

Duke Xue Cheng decided to give in as he informed the emperor what they had been talking about investigating. "So you've been doing your work. So you believe Ya is the one behind it all." Duke Xue Cheng nodded as he couldn't keep it from the emperor.

"Things are not easy with this situation. The emperor has his duties that he can't stand the stress of my case. I've been at this for months and I fear that Prince Ye Ping and Xue Ya will try to rise in power." The emperor looked at him, he couldn't say anything after.

"If it is true then I must keep an eye on them." The emperor said. They all started hearing clashing swords and weapons as they opened the door to see soldiers all fighting.

"Protect the emperor!!!" Duke Xue Cheng said. Grabbing a sword from a dead soldier. The soldiers guarded the emperor as they were all then surrounded as Prince Ye Ping showed up.

"Hello father." Prince Ye Ping said, walking toward them.

"Ye Ping!!! What are you doing!?" The emperor yelled at his son as he smiled at his father.

"I'm going to take the throne, that's what I'm doing. It's about time that you step down." His soldiers killed off the emperor's soldiers as they killed the emperor. "Leave that duke alive. He may be of use to me." Ye Ping said. Dragging Duke Xue Cheng to the cells.

_____

Madam Shen Jun was told about Xue Ya and her husband taking over the palace as she needed to take the boys. She led the boys to a carriage as she knew it was going to be taken to the Qiliang Kingdom. "Boys take this letter to the Qiliang Kingdom and don't let anyone but the empress see it."

"Madam Shen?" The boys were in tears, she then hid them in the carriage as she got one of the young man servants to start going.

She stayed in the Xue Manor as soldiers rushed in. "What are you men doing to my home!?" She yelled. She then saw her daughter, Xue Ya wearing the empress robes. "Ya, what is the meaning of this!?" Her mother looked at her in disgust as Xue Ya smiled.

"I'm sorry mother but I'm going to be the empress of this kingdom. Aren't you happy for me?" She said evilly as her mother never raised her daughter to seek power or status.

"What happened to my daughter!? She would never want to do this!?" Madam Shen Jun said in anger, looking at her daughter in such a scheme.

Xue Ya laughed as she walked up to her mother who was frightened. "Mother doesn't seem pleased. Where are my two little brothers?" Her mother refused to say anything as Xue Ya then held a small knife in her hand as she stabbed her own mother. Her mother felt the pain, looking to her daughter in disbelief that she would stab her birth mother. "Mother, since you love the Xue Manor so much. I'll let you burn with it." The soldiers started burning the place as Madam Shen Jun laid on the ground lifeless as a tear fell from her eyes.

"Find the boys of the Xue Manor!!! And burn the forest that is near the Xue Manor!!!" The soldiers did so as the two boys with the servant were left on the run to Qiliang Kingdom. Both boys held one another as they cried. The servant was crying as he was raised by Madam Shen Jun since birth as he was adopted by her. They all rushed as fast as they could.

"We must hurry. Take the fastest route. We will avenge Madam Shen no matter what!" Xue Li said loud and clear as both boys all cheered. They shipped the horse going fast as they left the Ming Gates. Leaving the Ming Kingdom they had packed just about enough food. They needed to reach the Qiliang Kingdom no matter what. They were not going to let their family be killed for no reason.

Restless days and nights they traveled to reach, still holding the letter given by Madam Shen.