Chapter 10: Snake Mother and Daughter (2)

A table divided by a wall frame dividers were set for each table, Liu Gang and Peng Lim were eating as they looked at the one of the Xue daughters quarrel with the Princess. "That is Miss Hai. We can never forget a girl who bullied her own family." Peng Lim said. While Liu Gang just looked back down, eating his food.

"Do you wish to help the Xue family or the princess?" Peng Lim asked Liu Gang but he didn't reply to any.

"Let this go! I'm more of a higher blood than you would be!" The princess yelled back as the store owner of the dress could do nothing. The quality of the dress was one of a kind in which he had a serious and worried look for the dress.

"I wonder how this is going to end." Peng Lim smiled looking down. Both Liu Gang and Peng Lim then saw a small dagger barely visible to the eye hitting the dress, resulting in it ripping into two pieces.

"You! You ripped it! If only you released it then it wouldn't have ripped!" Xue Hai then said.

"Me! You were also holding it! Such a child like you should respect the upper class!" The princess was filled with anger as both were like dogs at each other's throats.

"Let's go. This commotion has greatly increased." Liu Gang and Peng Lim heard and saw two women with hats covering their faces and walking off. They looked down to see that the two women had gone down to the princess and Xue daughter. The scent was so familiar to Liu Gang and Peng Lim.

"Both of you ripped such a nice dress. How much was the dress?"

He looked at her while he was a little spooked. "The dress was one of a kind and the cost is five hundred gold taels. This dress was the rarest found but now one of these ladies must pay for the damages." He soon said. Both had no idea the cost of the dress was that high.

"One of you must pay for the damages. If you both don't then the officials shall see to the problem." Liu Gang and Peng Lim saw the two women leave. Xue Hai and Princess Wang Ya were left arguing with one another.

"Hmm, those women." Peng Lim smiled. Liu Gang was most interested in the one who threw the dagger.

_____

Down the streets, Xue Liang threw the dagger to cut the dress while Su Rong followed. Ruining the dress was a better solution than to let them continue to argue in public. The Xue family would be seen differently also.

Both went back to the Xue Palace as they found nothing for the princess. Xue Liang then decided to do something else for her birthday. Remaining in her room, she practiced her embroidery. Soon finding the entrance door slammed open with an angry Xue Hai.

"That b**ch! She thinks she can blame me and put the taels on me! We're both not done yet!" Xue Hai then yelled but Duke Xue Cheng then walked up to slap her.

"You're a disgrace! Now everyone knows that a daughter of the Xue family has brought shame! Do you know who you were fighting with on the market streets today!?" Consort Wan Bao went to shield her daughter but Xue Hai had no idea. "That girl you were fighting with was the emperor's daughter, Princess Wang Ya! The emperor will now talk to me about this situation! You are not allowed to go to the Princess's birthday and I'm sure she wouldn't want to see you either!"

"Father you can't do this to me!!!! It wasn't my fault that it all started!!!" Xue Hai then held her father's leg to beg for forgiveness.

"Don't try to get my forgiveness! If only you used your brain then we wouldn't be in this mess!!!" He walked off as his daughter was on the floor weeping with her mother comforting her.

_____

"Miss Liang, should I investigate this matter if they change plans?" Su Rong asked which Xue Liang looked to her.

"Please do. Now that she can't go then they may have to change plans." Su Rong left but Xue Liang continued to stitch her handkerchief.

Su Rong climbed the roof blended in with the night. Going over to Consort Wan Bao's quarters, she stood beside her daughter.

"Mother if only that b**ch didn't occur today then I could've worn the dress to the birthday and seen as the most beautiful one there." Xue Hai said in anger.

"Mother's little girl, don't worry. As long as you can get in as Prince Jing's consort then we are all set. Your lowly sister Liang still needs to be done with. You can stay here at home safe while your sister can be used by Prince Yu." Both mother and daughter were no different.

_____

Su Rong got up but she saw another figure on the roof with her. A man as they met eye to eye.

She ran as he went after her. Su Rong was running at the same time he threw a dagger of his. She heard the noise jumping up to avoid the dagger. Throwing her daggers, he dodged it also but she soon threw a kick hitting his chest. He flew back a little as he got back up looking at her.

"Who are you?" His hazel eyes were seen. Su Rong didn't speak but took out her short swords. He took out his short swords also as they both then struck at each other. Fighting each other, he soon threw one of his swords as it took down one of hers. He had then caught her other hand with the other sword. "Tell me who you work for?" Su Rong smacked the back of her head directly onto his nose tossing a smoke bomb down as she escaped. Running back, she quickly hid and changed quickly going to Xue Liang's room.

"Miss Liang, they had a slight change of plans but I was interrupted by one of their spies." Su Rong then bowed.

"Did you tell them who you were?" Xue Liang then asked calmly.

"No, I didn't speak the whole time. It seems as though Consort Wan has been seeing others." Su Rong and Xue Liang are now in action and ready to get things started and prepared for the event.