Chapter 54: Saving Father (1)

Liu Gang had left that morning to discuss with his mother about the military and going through to the Ming Kingdom. Xue Liang was thinking she had to choose to save her father and end war by being Ye Ping's Consort or let war start. Xue Liang then pulled out a letter as she cried while writing the letter as she set it down next to Liu Feng in his sleep. Kissing his head as she cried.

Going out as she sneaked past the soldiers as she shifted. Going ahead, she traveled back to the Ming Kingdom. Taking paths that made it a quicker routine, running through the plains and forest as it took half a month.

Shifting, she went to the Xue Manor as she saw everything burnt down. Looking around the market street as everything was dead and gone. The Ming Kingdom was no longer existing now as she saw everywhere dead bodies and burnt homes. It was all the death of the ministers and officials who worked for the previous emperor.

"I knew you came back." Turning around, Emperor Ye was holding her father hostage.

"Let my father go. I came here today to have a trade. My father for me." Duke Xue Cheng saw his daughter as he wanted to speak but was weak. "Let my father go with a horse. I specifically came here for that reason. You have my word for it."

Xue Liang said as Emperor Ye Ping smirked at her words. "Guards release her father."

They released him as she caught him from falling to the ground. "Father!" Holding him as she was crying.

"Silly girl, why did you come?" Hearing what her father said to her.

"You're my father. You took care of the family and loved us all. How can I not come for you." She hugged him as Emperor Ye Ping then left ahead ordering his soldiers to leave a horse and take Xue Liang.

"Liang!!!" Her father yelled as she was dragged away by the soldiers.

"Father!!!" She purposely dropped a Qiliang emblem as he saw it. Picking it up he got up stumbling and climbing the horse. He was being chased by unknown men as he knew it was the emperor's.

They were then shot down, Duke Zhen Tao showed up next to him with a horse. "Zhen Tao! How did you get out!?"

"Let's just say that your daughter had a plan." Both smiled as they headed towards Qiliang Kingdom from the map Xue Liang gave them to reach within a month.

_____

Xue Liang then entered the palace as she saw Xue Ya. Xue Ya saw Xue Liang as she angrily looked at Emperor Ye Ping.

"Husband! Why is she here!? You promised she would be dead!" Xue Ya said, looking angrily at her husband.

"Well I've changed my mind. She will be my Consort." Xue Ya was angered as she then went up to Xue Liang as she slapped her.

"Ya! Don't make me strip you of your empress title!" He then yelled at her as she stopped. The maids then led Xue Liang out as both emperor and empress were going to talk. Xue Liang decided to listen as she was in her room.

"Ping, why do you need her!? You already have me!"

"Ya, it's okay. The real reason is that she can be used against the Qiliang Kingdom. They didn't harm or kill her so she is somehow associated with them and got their favor." He told his empress to hug her.

She paused for a moment, "Hmm, my husband seems to be a genius now." Xue Liang could hear them as she rubbed her belly. She had known that she was at least two months pregnant with Liu Gang's second child. She needed to think of something as she was the emperor's consort as of now.

_____

Xue Cheng and Zhen Tao traveled nonstop as they had finally reached the Qiliang Kingdom within the month. Soldiers came around as they surrounded them. Xue Cheng then showed the Qiliang emblem as they stopped and called for Liu Gang.

Liu Gang rushed out as fast as he could hoping it was Xue Liang but it was her father. "Gang, please you must save Liang! The emperor is planning to use her."

"Use her for what!?" He went up to Xue Cheng as he felt so much anger in his chest but it all started when his son was crying as he found a letter from Xue Liang saying that she was going to stop the war cause it started with her. She keeps blaming herself as he keeps telling her not to.

"They plan to use her to make the Qiliang Kingdom surrender." Zhen Tao then said as they looked at him. "Liang knew that she still went to the Ming Kingdom even when she was a child."

Liu Gang went up to him as he wanted to know. "With child???"

"I knew she didn't tell you. Liang saved me from the cells and told me to help her father escape to the Qiliang Kingdom since the emperor wouldn't be the type to keep his word. She said that she must end Xue Ya's greed and power by her own hands. You must hurry with your army because she is carrying your child as of now. A pregnant woman going against the emperor and empress of Ming Kingdom is going to be a lot of stress." Zhen Tao explained as Ling Fe and Su Lei appeared.

"Husband!" Ling Fe said as she held her hands over her mouth as she felt tears.

"Fe!" Xue Cheng ran to her as he didn't know if she was really there or not. He rubbed his thumb onto her cheek and held his hand. He then hugged her as he was crying. "I thought you died in the fire."

"No, that night I was saved by Gang and Lim. Xue Ya planned to kill me and over the years she had poisoned the air in my palace which caused me to be very ill. After the fire, I lost a lot of blood flow and forgot my past." He held her close as he didn't want her gone anymore.

Zhen Tao and Su Lei then saw each other as she smiled looking at him. "Zhen Tao hasn't changed a bit since I last saw him." He only hugged her as he didn't say a word.

"It's great that you all are here but Liang needs to be saved. Let us go and talk in the palace about what we plan to do." Everyone nodded following Liu Gang to the palace.