Chapter 14: Princess Wang Ya's Birthday (3)

Xue Liang held her tea while sipping at it as she thought about the matter with her sister. Xue Hai was getting married to Prince Fu. Known to use women as he likes. She didn't bother as long as it wasn't her then she didn't bother. Su Rong was listening to the mother and daughter talking in their room.

"Mother! I don't understand! How can our plan have failed!?" Xue Hai was questioning more and more as her mother was lost in what had happened.

Their maid remained kneeling down as they looked at her. "Talk. Why was my daughter there instead of Liang?" Xue Hai's mother was angered looking at the maid she had entrusted to handle the matter.

"Madam Wan! I swear I had led Liang into the room and she dropped onto the bed. I had even made sure and I saw it wasn't Miss Hai!" The maid was pleading in hopes they would let her go.

"We cannot let you go now! My daughter had lost her virtue and you think this is a small matter! You will be executed!" Consort Wan Bao said angrily. "Men! Come get her!" She called as two menservants entered dragging her.

"I swear I didn't do it! It wasn't me!" The maid was dragged off.

"Mother! Now I'm married off to Prince Fu! I don't want that!" Xue Hai was in tears and anger as she couldn't believe that their plan had backfired.

"It must have been that Liang. We must handle her soon. We must have her in the same situation of some sort. Don't worry. Mother will handle this." Xue Hai hugged her mother in tears as her mother hugged her looking out to the distant with deadly eyes to kill Xue Liang off.

_____

Su Rong left to Xue Liang who was patiently waiting for her. "I've come back with news." Su Rong said, kneeling as she cupped her hands.

"Go ahead." Xue Liang wanted to know what they had planned to do now.

"They are going to try and get rid of you. Her mother is going to handle you personally. I will protect Miss with my life. Do you wish for me to handle this matter?" Su Rong said, looking up to Xue Liang.

"No need. Let her try to get me. She needs to know that she is not the one leading the game. The one leading it all is me." Xue Liang said, smirking. She held her tea still sipping as she was feeling much better after resting.

"Does Miss Liang wish to visit General Liu?" Su Rong decided to ask out of the blue. Xue Liang then nearly choked on her tea as she coughed. "Sorry Miss Liang! I didn't expect to have you bothered by this question!" Su Rong said, patting Xue Liang's back and rubbing it to ease down.

"Why do you *cough* ask that?" Xue Liang now wanted to know why Su Rong would ask such a question.

"I thought that since you both know each other so well then perhaps he can be able to help you in these situations." Su Rong said to her.

"I don't want to bother them. They have duties of their own as well. They also have enemies which are far worse than our own." Xue Liang said as she knew well who was aiming at Liu Gang also. They both had their own problems and situations to handle.

"Miss Liang, do you perhaps know who is trying to harm the General?" Su Rong asked her.

"Of course I know. I can smell it in the air. Prince Ye Ping is of course the one after the General. He wants to get rid of the General knowing that he is capable of ruining his plans." Xue Liang said to her dearest friend and maid.

"How did you know so well Miss Liang?" Su Rong asked Miss.

"Rong when you've been living like this for a long time then you can easily detect the danger in the air. The scent of evil and light are at a mix right now. Both trying to fight and corrupt another." Xue Liang said. Opening her eyes, she can easily see the dark and light shadows both rejecting another.

"Rong knows that Miss can sense these things due to her birth from a higher or stronger blood. My senses are weaker due to my bloodline. I will be sure to be more aware and train myself to know and detect these senses." Su Rong said as she bowed.

_____

"So we finally meet the girls again." Peng Lim said. Liu Gang was practicing with his sword. Peng Lim remained on a tree branch looking out to the distant as he thought about Su Rong. "Do you want to visit those girls?" He asked Liu Gang paused.

"I'm not sure." He said shortly after thinking about it. Continuing to practice, Peng Lim sighed knowing that Liu Gang didn't know at all.

"Then we will see if we meet again. If it's meant to be then we both know that we were meant for those two girls." Peng Lim said smirking as he thought about Su Rong.

Liu Gang ignored his friend as he continued with his sword. Peng Lim jumped down grabbing his sword and charging towards Liu Gang. Liu Gang had easily dodged it by hitting Peng Lim's sword. "Nice try." Liu Gang smiled, always knowing how Peng Lim was always close to beating him.

"Dang it. I thought I would finally be able to beat you. I guess I'll be needing more work then." Peng Lim jumped back as she sighed, putting his sword back to its sheath. "Next time, we'll see who wins." Peng Lim said to him.