Chapter 18: Late Fever (2)

Su Rong gave him the bowl of medicine as they waited a few hours until Xue Liang had to drink it now. "Liang, you have to drink your medicine." Xue Liang opened her eyes lightly, getting up. Liu Gang supported her, taking a hold of the bowl of medicine. Drinking it, she finished while Liu Gang handed the empty bowl to Su Rong as they saw how exhausted she was.

"Miss Liang needs to rest now. She needs a few days to rest. Miss Liang, you can't go back to the Xue Manor because Consort Wan will try to get rid of you." Su Rong said. Xue Liang nodded, laying down.

"How long has she been tormenting you?" Liu Gang then asked with a serious look. Xue Liang looked away from him since she didn't really know what to say.

"Consort Wan has been doing this since she was born. This was the reason she had to leave the Xue Manor because her mother had to protect her." Su Rong then said. Xue Liang told her to stop immediately.

"Rong! Stop! This doesn't involve Gang and Lim." Xue Liang forced herself up but she stumbled back with her drowsy head having Liu Gang catch her.

"As long as I'm around then it involves me." He said, laying her back down. Xue Liang was overworking herself. She fell asleep with Su Rong sighing and bringing a new bowl of water to wipe her.

"Miss Liang always does this. She's stubborn and never wishes to involve anyone. She wants to hold the burden all to herself." Su Rong wiped Miss's sweaty face as she looked down sadly at her. "It may seem like a burden but can you both please help my Miss and dearest friend? Consort Wan is angered that her daughter was with Prince Yu and she now wants to get rid of Miss Liang. I'm nothing more than a maid and I cannot help her but you both can. I can only give you both my life and loyalty if you help us." Su Rong clenched her hand into a fist at her chest.

"Pledging your loyalty to us, will you really not betray us? Will you inform us of all the matters that Miss Liang is involved with?" Liu Gang wanted a full answer and looked at her for a truth or lie.

"Yes, I will pledge my loyalty and inform you of all matters. If I were to ever betray you then I will take my life to repay the debt." Su Rong bowed. Peng Lim flinched a little when she said take her life.

"Alright, tell us what you have so far about Consort Wan. We can only share the information and know where we'll end up." Liu Gang looked at Xue Liang seeing that she had been through a lot. They decided to talk in another room to let her sleep.

"Miss Rong, you've been with Miss Liang since birth. Tell us all that you know about the Xue family." Peng Lim then said as both looked at her sitting on the marble made table and chairs as she took a sip of tea.

"Madam Shen is no problem since she only cares about the heir for the Xue family. She was once poisoned when she was pregnant. Madam Ling was never there yet but Madam Wan was. I've done some search and found that Madam Shen was poisoned by Madam Wan to lose the child that was supposed to be a boy but after losing him she couldn't have any more kids. She allowed her husband to find another to have a child but she wouldn't allow Madam Wan to have one with him. Madam Wan then went back to her old lover for help. Madam Shen had purposely asked and bought Miss Liang's Mother for help." Su Rong explained it as Peng Lim and Liu Gang only listened to the Xue family background.

"Has Miss Liang always been bullied or hurt by Madam Wan and Miss Hai?" Liu Gang asked as Su Rong looked at him nervously.

"Miss Liang was always bullied. When we were younger Miss Liang had broken a wrist by being pushed by Miss Hai and Miss Ya. Miss Hai became cruel and at age fourteen she had killed a maid and hid that the maid had gotten sick." Peng Lim and Liu Gang never knew that Xue Hai was that evil.

If she was that evil then her mother was more evil and could do more damage. Liu Gang felt that the story of the ditch was familiar somewhere as if it were familiar to him from somewhere.

"Miss Liang's mother couldn't let her be killed so she purposely left her to the Taoist Temple. The Taoist Temple has friends that Madam Ling has known for years and they are like family." Liu Gang was in deep thoughts as he had known that Minister Nie Bo had done illegal trades and business with Prince Fu. They just needed to find evidence that it was him and find those that were backing him up.

Su Rong then pulled out a paper as she opened it with more papers in it. "Miss Liang has been collecting information about Madam Wan and Minister Nie since she was 10. A very young age, she wanted to find the information and end it. She doesn't have the power though because of her status she is just a consort's daughter and lowly that everyone says." Su Rong set the paper down as they saw everything that Minister Nie Bo and Consort Wan Bao had been doing.

"Miss Liang has been collecting evidence. These are money taken from common people unfairly. Illegal salt trades and connections. How can Liang collect such information at such a young age?" Liu Gang set the papers down as he looked at Su Rong.

"Miss Liang has always been a clever girl. She is not a fool, she holds the burden so that no one can be harmed. She only seeks to help her family from being executed and framed. When the time that Miss Liang and her mother and my mother falls then that's when I fall." Su Rong took out her sword as she held it to her throat. Peng Lim then hit her hand, having her drop the sword as he looked at her angrily.

"Don't try that again!" Peng Lim was angry as his body moved on its own. He cared for her and he didn't want her dead. Su Rong looked at him blushing, she didn't think he would actually take her seriously with the sword. She only nodded as Liu Gang took the papers.

"You and Miss Liang have done a great job. You've got enough evidence to get rid of Minister Nie and Madam Wan. Leave everything to us now." Liu Gang said as he left Su Rong and Peng Lim stuck in a daze with each other as he set off to Xue Liang.