chapter 11

***katherine's pov***

~

"i've been watching you for some time" i start to sing along melodically, while sitting on my bed.

it's been about a week since i've hung out with bil, since she's had to do some press and work stuff. we've been texting non-stop though, and facetiming whenever she can.

we haven't said anything about the kiss yet, even though it's been a while. i'm honestly scared to bring it up though. i feel like it didn't mean anything to her.

it was such a moment for me and it really meant so much to me, but i don't think i can tell her that. i'm scared to even tell myself that. falling for someone is scary, but i think i'm starting to fall for her.

my music stops, as a ringing tone interrupts.

*incoming facetime from conan*

"hey!" i said as soon as i saw his face pop up on the screen.

"yo! are you finally alone? i heard billies doing press."

"yes, i'm alone.. now, what is so important that you've been sooo eager to tell me for the past week and a half."

"okay so, i have a feeling, a strong one too, that billie likes you. like foreal."

"nah, that's not possible. shut up dude."

"okay but you know you like her."

"i also know that we've kissed."

his mouth widened and his jaw dropped, as he asked me for all the details.

i went on to tell him everything that happened beforehand and all the hints she dropped, who kissed who, basically everything.

"so ur meaning to tell me she dropped hints, told you she was flirting, kissed you, and she hasn't been able to stop talking to you since, but you still think she doesn't like you?"

maybe he was right...

no. he can't be.

"yes, that's exactly what i mean. now let me jam to her music in peace, bozo. text me."

"alright fine. love you."

"love you too." i said, hanging up.

i sat on my bed, trying to process everything he just told me. i feel like it's impossible for someone like her to like me. she's beautiful and kind and just all around perfect. she's basically my dream girl.

~

"hi katherine!" billie's mom's voice echoes from the background of wherever billie is.

"oh, hi maggie!" i said excitedly. she's really so sweet, and according to bil, she loves me.

billies been at an interview all day, so we haven't gotten to talk much today. we've been facetiming while she's waiting for her uber, but that just means she'll have to leave again soon.

"how's your day been, kat?" she asked with a genuine smile on her face.

"it's been good. i miss you, come back to la."

she's been in new york for the past few days, which is way too far. i think i'm a little attached.

"how's your day been?" i asked, knowing what the answer would be already. stressful, boring.

"boring, the interviewers always ask the same questions and i still have some more work shit to do, so stressful too."

i knew it.

she never gets a break honestly. i wish sometimes she could just rest for a month. but i know she has work.

"hey, i gotta go shorty. my uber's here. but, i'll text you as soon as i hang up okay?"

"okay. bye!" i replied with a smile, even though i didn't want her to leave.

she wasn't lying when she said she'd text me as soon as she hung up, because i got the message as soon as her face disappeared from my screen.

billie: hey baby
well, hi there.
billie: i miss u, i come back
tomorrow though. so we
hanging out.
                                                         okay:)

i'm so glad she's finally coming home, i miss her dumbass.

"katherine, you have a visitor!" i hear my dad scream from the living room.

i'm not expecting anybody, and i don't know anyone who'd just show up?

i walk out of my bedroom, towards the living room when i see a girl with strawberry blonde hair standing, waiting for my presence.

zoe?

"oh, hi! i wasn't expecting you."

"sorry i came with such short notice, well actually no notice at all. are you busy? i wanna talk to you about something important."

i'm not sure if i should be worried or just confused. i'm kind of both right now honestly.

i waved in the direction of my room as i started walking towards the door, pushing it open. i forgot how messy my room was.

"hi! okay so, you know how billies coming home tomorrow, right?"

"yeah, of course."

"well, i know she hates leaving home and all but, that's usually if she doesn't have her friends there. me and maggie have been talking and i really wanna plan a cute little trip for all of us. and i know she'd want you there." she smiled.

"oh of course, yeah! how are we gonna plan it so soon though?" i asked, considering she's literally coming home tomorrow.

we started talking and apparently maggie and patrick already bought all the plane tickets and the hotels, and we just need to figure out how to present it to her.

we begin planning and writing notes and hints towards it in order for her to read them one by one, then the last one is the tickets.

~

"i like these!" zoe said excitedly, showing me a pack of neon green envelopes.

we decided to drive to party city to just find some small things to set everything up. i was honestly really pumped for this, and i already asked my dad and he didn't mind, as long as i bring him a souvenir.

"yes, i love those." i said, holding a few options of bags to hold the hints that weren't letters or notes.

we finished up at party city, and we decided we could pick up flowers tomorrow so they'd still be fresh. im so fucking excited.

~

a/n

okay sooo this is kind of just some spacing because i wanted to update but i didn't wanna throw the interesting part (other than the trip) into the chapter directly after the kiss !!

so enjoy this cute kinda spacing :)