chapter 30

*billies pov*

"So, we know that you work with your brother Finneas and he produces your music. Do you like doing it that way?" The interviewer asked.

The same fucking question I've gotten ten thousand times. I mean, it makes it easier on me because I can answer quickly and not have to think, I just wish they were more interesting and deep questions. I like those.

"Yeah, honestly. It's all I know because it's all I've ever done. He's easy to work with and we always come up with something great." I answered. The interviewer nodded, moving onto the next question.

We wrapped up the interview, and I got my stuff together to go to, once again, another interview.

I texted Katherine telling her I'd just gotten out of the interview, and to no surprise, she answered immediately. She was always so excited to text me. And, I was always excited to text her.

I clicked her contact, and decided to call her. I really enjoy talking to her and hearing her voice.

"Hi baby!" I hear her exclaim, following a giggle.

"Hi my love!" I said back.

We talked for a while, as we usually do anytime I'm not busy. We can literally jus talk about nonsense and be content with it. That's impressive for me.

"Hey baby, I gotta go. My uber just dropped me off for the next interview. I love you though. Neptune and back." I said, before hanging up the phone.

~

"Jesus I'm tired." I said, plopping down on the hotel bed. I buried my face in the pillow, closing my eyes while listening to my mom talk about tour with my dad. Its been a long day.

I wasn't really listening, but she wasn't talking to me either way so I don't think it matters.

I picked up my phone, opening my eyes to text Katherine.

She was probably asleep by now, considering it was 12am in California, 3am here. I'm still trying to get used to the time change.

She didn't answer, so I decided to send a cute paragraph for her to wake up to. Yaknow, the cheesy, soft type shit.

I've never been this soft for someone, it's insane how whipped I am for her

I curl up, hugging pillow next to me to replace Katherine. It's not the same as her warm body and soft skin, but it'll do I guess.

I try sleeping for maybe an hour, but nothing really seems to work. I've never been good with sleeping but tonight is different. I really miss Katherine and I just want her here.

I pick up my phone, scrolling through instagram to try and make me tired, but I still can't seem to get sleepy.

I decide to call Katherine, just to see if she answers. Everybody else in the hotel room is sleeping, so I don't have to worry about the judgement from them.

Whenever she picks after a few rings, she answers in her sleepy voice. I know that voice all to well.

"Hi Bil, is everything okay? You never call me this late." She said, almost concerned.

"Yes, baby. I just can't sleep. I think falling asleep with you on the phone next to me would help, if that's okay with you." I said, pulling the blankets to my chin, turning over.

"Yes, of course love. Goodnight baby, I love you." She said, as I could hear her shuffling around in her bed.

"Goodnight, I love you." I said back, closing my eyes.

I hear her start to quietly snore, which made me suddenly more tired. It felt as if she was next to me, which was comforting.

I fell asleep after a while of laying with my eyes closed, at almost 5am. Which definitely wasn't a good idea, considering I needed to be up at 9.

~

"Billie your mom wants to to wake up." I hear coming from my phone. I open my eyes, looking over to see that Katherine's still on the phone, and my mom standing over me.

"I guess she can wake you up way easier than I can, we need to leave soon sweetie." My mom said, trying to take the blankets off me. I am not a morning person.

"Good morninggg." I said to Katherine, stretching and yawning in between words. She smiled, saying it back.

"I think I need to get up and get ready. But, I will text you as soon as I hang up and I will call whenever I can." I said, smiling. I'm sitting up now, looking at her through the camera.

"Okay sunshine. Have a good day, I love you." She said, laughing at my morning face.

"I love youuuu." I said, before waving goodbye and blowing a kiss.

I get up, walking to the hotel bathroom, stretching as I walk. I look in the mirror, cringing at my eye bags and the way I look in the morning.

Everybody on the internet gushes over me, but I don't see it. Sure, I'm not ugly. But, I'm nothing close to what people compare me to. Oh well, though.

I run the hot water, and jump in but before I can even start showering, I get a call, which I get out to check.

*incoming call from Q:)"