chapter 18

*katherine's pov*

"You're kidding me." I said, my jaw dropping as we walked onto the beach filled with icy blue waves and almost pale white sand.

Billie put her arm around me, smiling uncontrollably. She was so happy here. So happy here with me.

We walked along the beach just holding hands and talking, joking around with only smiles on our faces.

"Hey lovebirds, come on we're taking pictures." Finneas called.

"Lovebirds?" Billie said, acting confused. 

"I'm not stupid. Nobody here is. Now, come on."

We walked over to the rest of the family, smiling in front of the camera. We scrolled through the pictures, looking at our genuine smiles. I think we were honestly all extremely happy to be here away from everything.

Maggie and Patty told us we could go grab something to eat or just walk around while they went to play volleyball with Zoe and Finneas.

We walked around for a bit, soaking in the sun and enjoying the breeze.

"Here, take a picture of me. The water looks amazing." I said, handing Billie my phone. We found a cute place with stairs that go into the water that I thought would be cute for pictures.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw her not even looking at the phone, just at me as she snapped the pictures.

"You better post these. You look fucking hot." She said, handing me back the phone and kissing my cheek.

She always knew how to make me feel better about myself. I've loved myself a little more since i've been "with" with her, and it honestly makes me really proud of myself but also grateful for her.

We walked to the hotel to change into different clothes, so we could go out to an early dinner. It was only about 3 but we were hungry and we'd still be able to eat later too if we just eat something small right now.

I throw on a cute floral dress and some small heels. I never really dress cute like this but, we're in Bali so why not.

We go out to a cute outside garden restaurant a bit far from the general beaches in Bali. The water isn't super blue and it's not as tropical. But, still beautiful.

I decided to post a picture that Bil took of me behind the restaurant on my instagram story, just hinting where I was.

People started swiping up quick asking why I was in Bali. A lot of Billie's fans follow me now, and I think they caught on whenever Billie posted something to her snapchat.

I started getting tagged in hella posts, comparing the fact that she's on vacation and i'm in Bali as well

"You must love messing with them." I said, teasing her.

"I really do. It's so funny seeing their reactions. They're definitely catching on. That's good though." She said before leaning in for a kiss.

We eventually get seated, and we start by ordering our drinks. She orders water and I order lemonade.

We sit and talk, just having a good time while drinking our drinks, trying to decide what we want to eat.

They had an entire vegetarian and vegan section on the menu that had a lot of meat substitutes and stuff like that, so that was always nice.

We eventually ordered our food, and played tik-tac-toe on the menus with the crayons that i stole from the kids menu bar while we waited. I swear we're little kids still.

Our food comes, and I take a few bites out of hers, and decide I like hers better than mine. I eat some out of both of our bowls, somehow eating more of hers than she even did.

~

"Stooopppp." I whined, as Billie still continued to tickle me. We'd been at the hotel for a while, just watching tv and having a good time. We laughed with Zoe about the dumb cartoons or the republicans on the news channels.

"Dude, you can tell he's holding in a laugh. I swear he's being paid to say he loves Trump." Zoe said, pointing to the guy on the screen.

Billie's phone dinged, and she asked me to look and see who it was, so I did.

Brandon: we gotta talk

"Some guy named Brandon. Said he needs to talk to you." I said, handing her the phone.

Both Finneas and Zoe look over when I say his name, and Billie's face expression changed from laughing at the tv to upset and somewhat flustered.

"Just leave it over there, I can talk to him later." She said, just before it dinged again.

Brandon: like, asap. very fucking important billie.

"Well, he said it's, quote on quote, very fucking important." I said, giggling, not realizing how serious she was.

Her face became red, and she started getting heated.

"Katherine, I said to leave it over there." She got up, storming out the door with no explanation.

I just sat on the bed, with my mouth opened, almost teary eyed.

"I didn't mean to make her upset...I just thought-"

Zoe came and sat by me, hugging my arm.

"Hey, hey. This isn't your fault. Brandon's an ex of hers that wasn't good at all to her and the breakup was brutal. She hasn't heard from him since he randomly disappeared from all social media and everything a few months ago." Zoe said, rubbing my arm.

Tears start flowing down my cheeks, causing my eyes to get puffy and my cheeks red.