chapter 32

*katherines pov*

Billie's been gone for almost a week, and I've really started to get bored, so I decided to dye my hair. I've been kinda sick of the blonde anyways and I wanted to go back to dark brown, so I did.

I posted a picture on my instagram, showing off the new hair.

Liked by conangray and 221,092 otherskatherinesmth: 🧸View all 4,522 comments

katherinesmth: 🧸
View all 4,522 comments...
@conangray: you look hot as hell
@baebladebil: oouuuh i like tha brown

Billie hasn't liked or commented, so I'm guessing she's busy. But, I wanted to facetime her to show her it.

I clicked on her contact, then clicking the facetime logo, as I sit and wait to see if she'll answer.

When I see the words, "connecting..." pop up, I sit and smile waiting to see her pretty lil face.

Whenever she answers, she gestures towards someone to shush while she laughs, then she looks back at me.

"Oh my god baby!! It looks so good." She says, staring at me. I giggle, flipping my hair back and forth.

"Hold on, hold on. Be still, I'm tryna screenshot it." She said, holding her phone at an angle to where I could only see her face close up.

"I can just send you pictures my love. Where are you?" I said, concerned on why she was showing so little of where she was.

"Nah, I wanna screenshot from the facetime, be still mamas. But, I'm in a green room. Somewhere, I don't even know where. Just got done with an interview."

I posed so that she could screenshot, and whenever I heard the click noise, I laughed, causing her to take another one.

"Damn you look good." She said, hyping me up for no reason.

She looks over to the corner of the room laughing, right before a door behind her opens and I see Maggie. She looks over to the same corner Billie is laughing towards.

"Brandon, what are you doing?" She says, through her laughs.

Billie jerks her head towards the phone, looking at my face as soon as Maggie says it.

I was obviously confused, and a bit angry.

Why was she with Brandon? What business did she have hanging out with her toxic ex while she was doing press?

Before I could ask, Billie hangs up abruptly.

I immediately call back, but she declined the call after a few rings.

billl baby: "I'm sorry baby, I gotta go to another interview. I love you."

She was making up excuses. She would never hang up like that on me.

Please tell me you have another Brandon in your team or SOMETHING. Billie, what's going on?

I replied to her text with that, but she doesn't answer.

~

*Billies POV*

It's been about three days since my mom arranged for me to see Brandon to get closure. We ended up meeting up after an hour of my family convincing me, and it went better than I thought it would.

It went so good that we started hanging out. He stayed in Philly and got a flight to fly back with us, since he lives in LA.

But the issue is, I still haven't told Katherine.

But I guess I don't have to now...

She was showing me her hair on Facetime, and I was hanging out with Brandon in the green room behind set of the interview I had done. I didn't want to decline her call obviously, I wanted to talk to my baby. So, I answered but just told Brandon to shush.

He of course did some dumb shit in the corner, and my mom said his name. That's where the problem comes in.

I hung up immediately, not wanting to face the reaction from her. Bad mistake.

I made up some dumb excuse that she obviously wasn't going to buy, but I panicked. What the fuck did I just do...

I walk into the bathroom of the green room, calling her back.

"Hey baby..." I said, awkwardly.

"What the fuck just happened Billie." She said, very obviously mad.

I told her the entire situation with how my mom set up a meeting with me and him and how we worked things out and we're friends now. She wasn't buying it. I don't even blame her.

"Did he try to kiss you?" She said, ignoring the entire point of the explanation.

"No."

That was a lie..

"Did he try to get back with you?"

"No."

That was a lie too..

"So you're telling me he's just completely fine with being friends after everything that he said before? Because I'm not buying it." She said, almost in tears.

I stayed silent.

"Billie..." She said, waiting for a reasonse.

"Are you sure he didn't kiss you or try anything at all with you?" She said, asking once again.

I caved in. I couldn't lie to her anymore. It was literally killing me. I hate lying to her and I hate hurting her. What the fuck did I do? Did I just ruin everything?

"He did..." I said, and I watched her face sink in as soon as I said it.